·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any news on BT Spacers ? I`ve been waiting for this :smokin:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
heidi and team are really busy getting ready for SF. i have been in communication with heidi regarding the spacer and she'll post some info soon. there have been many challenges with this project, one of which is making a quality product cost effective for the owners.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heidi and team are really busy getting ready for SF. i have been in communication with heidi regarding the spacer and she'll post some info soon. there have been many challenges with this project, one of which is making a quality product cost effective for the owners.
Goodluck on making a quality product just like BT`s other products :fing02:

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Guys, I have some news.

This is a project that has never been off the map here. Many many sets have been made (over 15, less than 20). Now its time to give you some facts.

We have tried 3 types of material. All perform very simlar in a dyno run.

First material, runs great for a couple months, then we see areas of stress cracks. No leaks

Second set run on the same material with some slight design changes. Spacers run great for 9 weeks then the same thing; one area on the left side of the maifold is looking like a small spider web is ready to start. The other side is clean and free of any ware. No leaks. Shelfed again.

Third set change material. Material is plastic and kevlar based hybred. Very expensive stuff, but works and works well. This puts you out of the ball park for this mod, because we are smart enough to know, no on is going to pay $800 for a set of spacers; no one. Product is still working and performing. This spacer is like the concept car you never get to buy LOL

Our goal has been from the beginning to give you a product that lasts, is superior in that no gaskets are used, and is a self sealing product. The heat properties are superior and the material will not soak up liquids.

Today we had a vistor at our shop who is a old an dear friend. I can only tell you this man is a person who has been behind the design of the Tads Laser System as well as the Lantirn Laser System and has had key input in the Darkstar laser systems.

We showed him our setups and the problem areas. Let me just say he took the whole day and pointed us in some new directions with some major changes on Material number one and 2 that we are very hopeful on and in therory should work out. I saw crap today on the cad system I never saw before when this man was making the changes and doing math formulas, as well as testing theroies based on simulations in our cad

3 new sets are being machined and will be going to California for next weekend for the workout.

Continue to check this thread over the next 2-4 weeks.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
sets are finishing up now. The flu hit hard in here the past 3 weeks and pushed us way behind. These will be going to Cali middle of next week for the work out

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
We are currently under an NDA with other parties at this time so very little info can be discussed at the moment.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Im pretty interested to see what material you ended up choosing for this part.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Heidi... I mentioned this again at LX & Beyond, and I hope I'm on the list for an announcement email or PM as soon as you can "go live."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts