Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
I personally don't blame the dealers completely....the secondary market made a TON of money on C8's, Bronco's & TRX'. Just remember, the perceived value is what someone is willing to pay, and a lot of people were willing to WAY overpay the last few years
The manufacturers need to reign in the dealerships with pricing and shady tactics.

· Registered
20 Posts
The manufacturers need to reign in the dealerships with pricing and shady tactics.
They didn't when dealers dying with inventory, and it still doesn't explain why it's OK for a private buyer to profit unlimited but the the company that has all the investment and employees should be limited on a high demand/low volume product. There are new vehicles on lots all over the place now.....the ones that are not in high demand right now or they wouldn't still be there!

· Registered
31 Posts
They didn't when dealers dying with inventory, and it still doesn't explain why it's OK for a private buyer to profit unlimited but the the company that has all the investment and employees should be limited on a high demand/low volume product. There are new vehicles on lots all over the place now.....the ones that are not in high demand right now or they wouldn't still be there!
While I disagree with adding a premium to ANY car, I understand why they do it for high demand or limited production cars. I don't agree with the dealer add-ons (pin striping, nitrogen in the tires, paint sealant, etc) that you MUST buy in order to get the car. Top that with the fees if you don't finance through the dealership or the BS Warranties. The industry could be so much better with fixed pricing and policies. Ie: Tesla, Saturn.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
My plan was one of the last Special Editions. either in Charger or Challenger based on what my buddy was allocated, THEN I saw not only the C, but also the price and had to have one! Good thing, not a single Wisconsin dealer was allocated a special edition
I'm in Wisconsin as well, getting from Lynch in Mukwanago. Are we going to be fighting each other personal plates?

· Registered
20 Posts
While I disagree with adding a premium to ANY car, I understand why they do it for high demand or limited production cars. I don't agree with the dealer add-ons (pin striping, nitrogen in the tires, paint sealant, etc) that you MUST buy in order to get the car. Top that with the fees if you don't finance through the dealership or the BS Warranties. The industry could be so much better with fixed pricing and policies. Ie: Tesla, Saturn.
While that may be true, Saturn no longer exists and Tesla pricing has gone through the roof.....no different than everything else in our lives right now. The msrp on my 2019 Rebel was $58k, my 21 was $63k, and I just spec'd out a 23 and it cam in just under $71k.....basically the same truck. My 21 Grand Cherokee L has gone up just short of $5,000 alone.

We are in a ridiculous time, but to hold the dealers responsible isn't right, there has always been options to purchase from. At one time Sears and K Mart were leading the retail world and placed themselves irrelevant and put themselves out of business.

Sorry for the rant, I've been in the business 31 years and love hearing conversations (usually at a tavern, where people have paid a minimum 300% markup forever) about how they got 'screwed' by the dealer. If you go to a dealership on your own, 'negotiate' and agree to a deal, and sign paperwork/give them money, I'm not sure how you can constitute getting 'screwed'.

The best advice I can give anyone, is to find a dealer and salesperson you like/trust and build a relationship. We have all heard from the 'experts' out there, reality is most of us have sold more cars in a day than some people will buy in their lives

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The VIN doesn't give any info was put in the Window Sticker or Equipment List queries. Too early, I suppose. One of the YouTube videos I saw, they appeared to be Goodyear RSA.
Mopar insider lists Goodyear Eagle RSA 245/45ZR20 All-Season Performance Tires

But the guy in this video says Goodyear Summer Performance 245 in Front 275 in Rear.

Maybe they had different tires on show cars.
My brother has a 19 Scat Pack Challenger and he said the 275 isn't even enough once you start turning off the Grandma settings on the performance page.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Im ordering mine now.....I think we should be fine!
What are you going with?
I'm thinking last300

If you are in WI, after we are all delivered maybe we could do a race day/weekend
High Performance Driving 1 - Road America
My brother went through both courses, said it was really good. Planning on doing both to get a good feel for the car.

· Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
207 Posts
If you go to a dealership on your own, 'negotiate' and agree to a deal, and sign paperwork/give them money, I'm not sure how you can constitute getting 'screwed'.
Agreed farf. Nobody puts their foot on a person's throat to buy a car from them. Everyone wants to complain about everything these days. I get that if you are in the market for a car/truck/SUV then you're out there looking. Do your research. If you find that the make/model of vehicle you are looking for is in high demand, you'll pay for it. Just how the world turns and always has. The absolute reason the market is in this condition is because of all those people who just say "oh well, I guess I have to pay that much" and do it without even thinking twice.

When my wife was in the market for a new SUV, she was looking at the Telluride's. She knew what she wanted, but every dealer had every single one of them sold before they even made it to their dealership...with a markup of $15K at the time! We were like....NOPE....guess it's not gonna be a Telluride. She got a Palisade instead for MSRP and has been super happy ever since. It's all about what you want and what you're willing to do for it.

By the way....I love your analogy on the folks at the tavern. It's always been ok to pay $5 for a beer at the tavern when you can buy 6 of them at the liquor store for the same price right. LOL

Reality: the 2023 Chrysler 300C 392 is a good deal, based on the other cars of similar nature out there.

· Registered
10 Posts
I was originally going with a Charger Scat WB in Sinamon. With all the options I was pushing $60k. The 300C fits my needs both in looks, equipment and performance. Elated to have been one of the 2000 and will wait as long as it takes to take possession!
I was originally looking at doing the same thing but the dealers here are marking them up pretty heavily.

· Registered
20 Posts
What are you going with?
I'm thinking last300

If you are in WI, after we are all delivered maybe we could do a race day/weekend
My brother went through both courses, said it was really good. Planning on doing both to get a good feel for the car.
What are you going with?
I'm thinking last300

I have 5 possibles that are all available....LAST 300 was one of my pics but I will scratch it! I am applying quickly, I pre-traded my Shaker Challenger last week (had SSSHAKN on that one) and I am going to try to get the plate changed before they sell it so I won't have to wait in spring!

I live between Green Bay & Appleton, about 50 mins from Elkhart Lake

· Registered
20 Posts
Mopar insider lists Goodyear Eagle RSA 245/45ZR20 All-Season Performance Tires

But the guy in this video says Goodyear Summer Performance 245 in Front 275 in Rear.

Maybe they had different tires on show cars.
My brother has a 19 Scat Pack Challenger and he said the 275 isn't even enough once you start turning off the Grandma settings on the performance page.
Somewhere I found the attached build sheet

Attachments

· Registered
20 Posts
Agreed farf. Nobody puts their foot on a person's throat to buy a car from them. Everyone wants to complain about everything these days. I get that if you are in the market for a car/truck/SUV then you're out there looking. Do your research. If you find that the make/model of vehicle you are looking for is in high demand, you'll pay for it. Just how the world turns and always has. The absolute reason the market is in this condition is because of all those people who just say "oh well, I guess I have to pay that much" and do it without even thinking twice.

When my wife was in the market for a new SUV, she was looking at the Telluride's. She knew what she wanted, but every dealer had every single one of them sold before they even made it to their dealership...with a markup of $15K at the time! We were like....NOPE....guess it's not gonna be a Telluride. She got a Palisade instead for MSRP and has been super happy ever since. It's all about what you want and what you're willing to do for it.

By the way....I love your analogy on the folks at the tavern. It's always been ok to pay $5 for a beer at the tavern when you can buy 6 of them at the liquor store for the same price right. LOL

Reality: the 2023 Chrysler 300C 392 is a good deal, based on the other cars of similar nature out there.
Thank you. My point was, about the LAST people that need to dictate prices are the manufacturers. I know all of our costs of doing business have gone through the roof, but theirs is over the top.....why do you think they raised the TRX $3300 yesterday? Because they know what they have been selling for, and they not only want customers not to profit, they also don't want the dealers to. For the folks that are pointing blame at the dealer, my best advice is to go start a dealership and run it the way you feel they should be. You will not make it 3 months

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I have 5 possibles that are all available....LAST 300 was one of my pics but I will scratch it! I am applying quickly, I pre-traded my Shaker Challenger last week (had SSSHAKN on that one) and I am going to try to get the plate changed before they sell it so I won't have to wait in spring!

I live between Green Bay & Appleton, about 50 mins from Elkhart Lake
FinalV8 300C392 392300C are some other thoughts or 392300 if I get a Brewers Plate.

FATCHNC is another thought

· Registered
17 Posts
I received my VIN from the dealership I chose to purchase from within two weeks of receiving my VON - if that helps you any.

Reactions: Curious Joe

· Registered
10 Posts
I received my VIN from the dealership I chose to purchase from within two weeks of receiving my VON - if that helps you any.
Thank you. I just checked and I got a VIN today from the Chrysler status site. The dealer put my order in on Oct 31 and the Chrysler shows the order was processed on Nov 3!

I am curious if Chrysler is going to number these cars ie number 55 of 2000 somewhere in the car.

· Registered
17 Posts
Thank you. I just checked and I got a VIN today from the Chrysler status site. The dealer put my order in on Oct 31 and the Chrysler shows the order was processed on Nov 3!

I am curious if Chrysler is going to number these cars ie number 55 of 2000 somewhere in the car.
That would be cool !

41 - 60 of 101 Posts