Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So unfortunately I found out the creaking sound coming from the front driver side is cracked ball joint. From further inspect I might as well replace the upper and lower control arms. Is there any brands you recommend to replace OE? I know Moog is good but the upper are Moog and they only lasted me from November of last year? I see a bunch of brands on RockAuto but I don't know reputation.

You help is appreciated thank you!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The lower arms can be polybushed. I bought Peders for mine and they have lasted over 30k so far. Lower Balljoints can be had in a version that can be greased which seems to last longer. Not sure about upper arms, I have Moog on mine too

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I feel your pain. I put Moog upper arm on my car in 2017. The bushing failed in the fall of 2018. The noise and vibration is getting worse and need to replace it. Good thing life time warranty. Bad thing it says replace in pairs. So should I do the bad side or both. Will do both next month. Will also replace the lower ball joints.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel your pain. I put Moog upper arm on my car in 2017. The bushing failed in the fall of 2018. The noise and vibration is getting worse and need to replace it. Good thing life time warranty. Bad thing it says replace in pairs. So should I do the bad side or both. Will do both next month. Will also replace the lower ball joints.
I work with my dad he's a mechanic. He told me to both in pairs so I would recommend in pairs. It's crazy because all the parts are literally Moog down there.... And they are failing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
CRod
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing