Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody out there has an AWDC on order or had one on order and recently got it delivered...

I am just trying to figure out if anybody else's status has changed since they started building the LX AWD Platform on the 15th of September.

I ordered mine in February and It has been way too long...

If anybody has any info get at me pleeaze.

Thanx for any reply's...

"WishICouldBeAWDRIVIN"

:eek:uch:

·
Registered
214 Posts
What up AWD? Idaho in the house. I CAN NOT believe that you are still waiting for that freaking car. Unbelievable.

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
AWDRIVER said:
Hi AWD:

I last I heard from you, you mentioned you didn't even have a VIN yet. What did your dealer say about that? If they still haven't got one for you, I'd most definately be going to another dealer. As you know they're pushing them out now and from what I understand, they're building all the back orders first.

Rambit

·
Registered
6 Posts
AWDRIVER said:
Just wondering if anybody out there has an AWDC on order or had one on order and recently got it delivered...

I am just trying to figure out if anybody else's status has changed since they started building the LX AWD Platform on the 15th of September.

If anybody has any info get at me pleeaze.

Thanx for any reply's...

"WishICouldBeAWDRIVIN"

:eek:uch:
I have had my AWD C on order since 4/30 and it was built on 9/28. My dealer says it should be at the dealer within 1 week. If you ordered it in February, it should have been built before mine. Otherwise something smells fishy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried that...

I have been saying Patience is a Virtue... and all that jazz for almost 9 months.. and Yah.. I am still patiently waiting.. but SHAT.. I need a vehicle. I have one that I can drive that Is actually mine.. but it's not exactly "dependable" all the time.. (real fun though)

So... now we wait..

Patience.... it's an interesing thing..

:smoker:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
What was the reason Chrysler had such a long delay in accepting and producing orders for the 300 AWD? I tried to order mine in July and the dealer said he could not even accept order. Finally on Sept. 9th he said the computer would accept the order and I put my order in. What was the delay?

Gary
Andover NJ

·
Registered
24 Posts
Update

My 300C AWD was built on 9/30. Left the factory on 10/4. Arived in West Seneca (Buffalo, NY) on Thursday morning (10/6). I'm sure it is still sitting there due to the holiday weekend. Scheduled to arrive at the dealer on 10/19.

As to why there was a holdup - I read that they shut down production for a few months due to a problem they had with the '05's AWD system shuddering in parking lot situations. Supposedly/hopefully all fixed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guy above me

When did you order????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Order was placed in February. The woman who ordered it couldn't wait that long, and bought a RWD. So, I got lucky when I walked into the dealer in mid-September and it hadn't been spoken for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Progress? Well I called Chrysler again, and they said my order moved to D1 (from D). They can't give me a build date (my dealer said 10/12 two weeks ago), however they said that the estimated ship date is 10/20. He also said the record on the computer hasn't been updated since 10/3.

OK, taking bets here ... I'm giving the over/under date of 10/31 for me to drive it away. Do I have a shot of it being under? :sad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Probably pushing it. My build date was 9/20. Projected delivery date is 10/19, but might make it by 10/14. And, mine only had to go through NY State to NJ.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where is everybody from???

Just wondering where the people are from that have gotten status changes and have gotten their car's built or delivered...

(All East Coast)- I presume...

PROVE ME WRONG SO I CAN BE MAD>>.

I don't think anybody on the west coast has received their AWDC Order yet.

Get at me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope...

Still in BX Status...

It's Frickin Killing me...

But I guess I'll try and be patient since there is other peeps in my same situation all over the west coast...

All I can do is hope...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Once again... Where is everybody from?

Just wondering where you are all located,...? And what kind of AWD you all ordered... ???? AWD C, TOURING?, LIMITED??

Just trying to see if anyone on the west coast has received their 300

Thanx for any getbacks..

1 :wave:

·
Registered
36 Posts
How do you get a status rating on your AWD-C order?

Placed my order in NJ for an AWD-C on 9/9/05. Checked on 10/9/05 and the dealer said he dosen't have a Vin number yet. Without the Vin is there anyway to track this thing?

Are there any sites that explain what the problem was in making the AWD models so I know what to look for when it comes in....if it comes in!

Gary
Andover, NJ

1 - 20 of 29 Posts