Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rotated the tires today....decided to forgo the floor jack and try out the jack that came with the car. Just to see if it works. Man, am I glad I did.

The jack operates like a lot of others: the car has a vertical flange that mates with a groove in the jack. The rear is no problem. The front is problematical, you can't see the front vertical flange: the rocker panel hides it....there should have been a larger cutout where the jack goes. You have to guide the jack as you raise it....the jack pushes up on the flexible rocker panel until the vertical flange connects with the jack. Looks like hell when you're doing it; but, the rocker panel pops back out when you remove the jack.

It was easy to figure out...during the day....at home....taking my time. It wouldn't have been to pleasant late some night, on the side of the road, trying to hold a flashlight in one hand as I used my other two hands to figure it out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Frank, good info. I am not surprised. Hey if its out on the road I am calling the roadside assistance number.

Bob

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rdmac said:
Hey if its out on the road I am calling the roadside assistance number.
Maybe I need to refresh my understanding of this service. I seem to remember the service is free IF the problem is something the warranty covers; i.e., flat tires, running out of gas, vandalism, etc. are not covered. Comments?

One of the (many) things on my "to do" list is to join an organization, like AAA, that covers items mentioned above; afterall, these types of pitfalls are much more likely than the car leaving you stranded for a reason covered under warranty. For those of you not familar with AAA, one distinct advantage is: the individual is covered, not a particular car; for example, I could be hitch-hiking (not likely), be picked up and if the driver got a flat, I could call AAA and get help: I am covered, even as a passenger in a stranger's car. I plan on getting such coverage for all members of my household. (I would still like to know if my understanding of Chrysler's roadside assistance program, described in previous paragraph, is flawed)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob, I thank you. :wave:

If you look in the dictonary for procrastinator, you will see my picture. Something about your post made me take action and take one item off my huge "to do" list......I just signed up for multiple AAA memberships....it just took a few minutes and you can even print out membership cards to suffice until the hard copies are received via mail. The internet is great.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Frank

No problem. I only called the roadside assisstance once for a dead batery. I was not charged for that. The car (300C) was towed to a Chrysler dealer. I have AAA for my daughters 2000 neon. It as come in handy many a time.

Bob

·
Registered
179 Posts
a 30$ jack from pepboys works well in the trunk.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If anyone bothered doing a quick search you will see my post regarding horrible experience with this poorly engineered device that neither supports a 4200+ lb vehicle, nor can it be used with reasonable amount of assured safety

My "jack" crumpled under the weight of the vehicle, nearly pinning my hand under the vehicle, and causing damage to the rear disc brakes.

I can not go into it more as there is pending legal action; however a deligent search through legal publications will yeild pending action against DCX for faulty/negligent design of the "jack". Expect a recall sometime soon.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
slk320 said:
If anyone bothered doing a quick search you will see my post regarding horrible experience with this poorly engineered device that neither supports a 4200+ lb vehicle, nor can it be used with reasonable amount of assured safety

My "jack" crumpled under the weight of the vehicle, nearly pinning my hand under the vehicle, and causing damage to the rear disc brakes.

I can not go into it more as there is pending legal action; however a deligent search through legal publications will yeild pending action against DCX for faulty/negligent design of the "jack". Expect a recall sometime soon.
Thanx for sparing us the details!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts