Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just like the title says...At first it was a cool novelty, now I use it all the time even when unnecessary. I have to actively try to think of NOT using it, and I still do it out of habit. I can't break the habit, and I don't think I want to because I love how she pulls when I stick it! :biggrin:

Anyone else have the same addiction?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
im actually not a fan of it when doing regular everyday driving

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im actually not a fan of it when doing regular everyday driving

Really? It's probably not so good for my gas mileage, but I use it all the time!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Really? It's probably not so good for my gas mileage, but I use it all the time!
dunno just not my thing unless im racing. well it could actually get better mileage than auto, well sticks at least can get better than a auto dunno if its the same as auto stick. cause u can shift more precise

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I use Autostick on both of ours, particularly in the winter to defeat the MDS on the 300C until she's warm, and to warm up more quickly on the MSRT8 by keeping the revs higher than auto would.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The first step to recovery is admitting it right? Well I admit I'm addicted as well! I use it to downshift so theres less brake dust and I use it like a stick shift and actually let off the gas between shifts. LMAO Cant believe I told everybody that but it's true and I guess it's just habit from the old days. Now on the track it's in D only cuz theres no way in hell no matter how much you practice (and I have a lot of it) you can shift consistently. It is kinda fun right? Like GoofyTim I also use it to get things warmed up every time I'm lucky enough to drive it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
im not big into it. i like paddle shifters better. i had an rx8 with paddles and it was fun

·
Registered
246 Posts
i've never used it. at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I am pulling out for a pass at highway speeds I might knock it down a gear. Other than that, it stays in Drive 99% of the time. Right now I am paying more attention to learning to feather it and save a few pennies in terms of gas mileage.

I do agree, though ... at times it sure is fun!

·
Registered
87 Posts
For some reason I don't like the 300's autoshift seems kinda of fake, what I mean by that it, is that I drive a maxima as well and that one doesnt shift from 1 to 2 and 3....unless your at the right speed. The 300 you can shift up any time you want regardles of rpm or speed. Instead of shifting sideways the maxima shifts up and down. I think its just a little more realistic...What do you guys think if you have droven a maxima or something similar to it?

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
For some reason I don't like the 300's autoshift seems kinda of fake, what I mean by that it, is that I drive a maxima as well and that one doesnt shift from 1 to 2 and 3....unless your at the right speed. The 300 you can shift up any time you want regardles of rpm or speed. Instead of shifting sideways the maxima shifts up and down. I think its just a little more realistic...What do you guys think if you have droven a maxima or something similar to it?
Haven't driven any other cars with this feature, but I can tell you that the 300c's "autostick" is pretty much worthless without a tuner (flashpaq or predator). I never used autostick before I got my flashpaq because there was so much delay in the shifts that it was pointless. With the flashpaq it shifts when you move the lever, so it is actually kinda fun - - and if you are doing any 'spirited' driving on curvy roads it can be quite useful. Still moves left and right of course but to me thats fine, you can just rest your arm on the center armrest and shift up or down with your fingertips. If you want to get any use from the autostick though, you need to invest in a flashpaq or predator (for the 5.7 "C", the SRT8's autostick works much better stock than the 5.7's does).

·
Registered
770 Posts
I had a 2000 Chrysler 300M and than a 2002 300M Special. The Special had 5 more HP, performance tires, dual exhaust, some more trim, lower ride, and a crisper shift (w and w/o auto stick). Similar to the concept of the SRT but of course much different HP gains. it was the same way with the 300M and 300M Special (as with 300C and SRT or chip) the auto stick seemed "sloppier" with the 300M. That said it used it on both cars. In my current 300C I use it when driving on hilly rodes and around town when I want to have fun and for breaking. I look at it this way - I've had stick shifts before and it takes time to do the clutch and shift gears - the delay on the 300C is not that bad (but there is one) and I just think like I just shifted gears.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well I don't have the Hemi but I use my autostick all the time. Just to down shift when I'm exiting the freeway though.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The only time that I [sometimes] use the autostick is when I'm stopped at a light and want to get up to speed as quickly as possible. And that's because it's only in autostick that the gears won't change until the engine reaches redline. Otherwise - I just leave it in 'D'.

Craig!! :)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I would use it a lot more but I think the trannie will self destruct a lot sooner if I did. Driving around town with speeds between 0-55mph, I always keep the car in 4th gear. I hate the 5th gear dead zone and bogging. 4th is bad enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use it sometimes. Most of the time when downshifting at anyone time to keep more foot off the brake. slight brake taps, then I apply fthe brake peddle in full as my car is just about stopping

1 - 20 of 30 Posts