Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just wanted to share my first snow driving with the 300C yesterday. We had about 4 inches of snow with ice yesterday and the car handled like a champ. After reading some other boards, I thought I was in for some trouble but I had none at all. The ESP engaged several times but I never felt as if I was out of control or in danger of spinning out. I would have to say that the car passed its first test with flying colors. I do have the factory tires on the car. So far, I see no need for snow tires. We'll see once the heavier snows come in, I live about 10 miles northwest of Boston. Anyone else in this area or the NE in general have any problems? What were your experiences like?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I too had no problems - just NW of Boston. Although I didn't have to drive through much snow since the roads were pretty well plowed. Mostly packed snow on the roads and no slippin or slidin!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I drove on glare ice in MN yesterday and the C drove like a champ as well. I saw ESP kick in 2-3 times during my drive, but never did I feel out of control either. My thought is if it can handle well on glare ice, it should do pretty good in snow. I grew up in MN so winter driving has never been a problem. Its part of our daily lives here in the winter. I think you really learn how to drive in it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Nolmscheid said:
I drove on glare ice in MN yesterday and the C drove like a champ as well. I saw ESP kick in 2-3 times during my drive, but never did I feel out of control either. My thought is if it can handle well on glare ice, it should do pretty good in snow. I grew up in MN so winter driving has never been a problem. Its part of our daily lives here in the winter. I think you really learn how to drive in it.
I've been saying that since I first posted on this subject in October when we got our first dump of snow, up until last night we had no snow at all on the ground but there is a covering this morning. This car was designed to drive in this stuff and accolades to the engineers.
;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Another take from the Boson area. The system worked very well, in fact to a fault. I tried to swing the rear around a corner for some fun and the darn thing righted itself before I could have some fun. :)

In short.... 2 thumbs up for the stability of the 300c in the snow.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nolmscheid said:
How do you know when the ESP kicks in?

·
Registered
159 Posts
A blinking light on the lower right of the dashboard.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The swervy car pic is traction control and not the ESP indicator. But I could be wrong. My car was OK in the snow. When it started to fish tail, I let off the accelerator and it snapped to attention. A couple of times when I felt the wheels slipping on the highway, there was a car spun out to the side of the road. I guess you can only expect so much with 340 hp under the hood. I couldn't get up my driveway without shoveling and I got stuck at work in the parking lot. We didn't have a ton of snow but it was slippery underneath. More snow tomorrow, so we'll see how round 2 goes.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It's the ESP. Push the ESP button and you will turn the ESP off and it will stay illuminated on the dash. On the drive home from work I noticed it flash a couple of times when the tires slipped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts