Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kind of want to buy a new '08, but chrysler is kind of ticking me off. I want to buy an SRT8, but the fact that chrysler will not include the SRT vehicles in their lifetime powertrain warranty plan just makes me sick. I know I could always buy another warranty for it to put my mind at ease, but really its just the principle behind it that I cant get over. With the SRT8 chrysler is supposedly building a sturdy luxury vehicle, but then they pull crap like that and it makes you wonder about the quality. I know they are trying to keep the price down, but seriously......c'mon.....if I wanted to sell a quality product I wouldnt in a million years pretty much say, "yeah its the SRT8 300, our flagship, our hemi, the best looking car on the road, the best value for your money, the best quality for the price, a 4400 lb family sedan that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds............and oh yeah by the way........we dont put our best warranty on it b/c we are afraid it will fall apart." Just makes me sick. Sorry for the venting.....just had to get that off my chest.

Which now brings me to the reason for my post. Since the SRT8 doesnt come with the full warranty and I refuse to pay extra for another warranty I was considering purchasing an AWD 'C' being in michigan and often having to battle the snow during winter. However, it would be nice in my opinion to be able to purchase an AWD srt design vehicle just to get the upgraded seats, but still have 4wd. Oh well, guess you cant have your cake and eat it too.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I'll commiserate with you on this

However, it would be nice in my opinion to be able to purchase an AWD srt
You'll have to get in line behind a few people, including myself. Apparently there are too few of us to warrant even a limited run. It would have been my preferred option when I bought my car. There is now the option of the Jeep SRT for the AWD crowd but I think I'll stick with a sedan. If SRT seats/interior are what you really want it would seem a doable mod process. You might even be able to special order and AWD without a fair amount of the interior and buy the SRT components separately so you wouldn't have to buy everything twice. I've never look into it so I don't know if it's possible or practical.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
...we dont put our best warranty on it b/c we are afraid it will fall apart."
I always kind of assumed (ya know what they say about that!) that the SRTs weren't included because they know how they're likely to be driven. That warranty is the biggest reason I'm not in one today. (Not having to pay the gas guzzler tax helped, too.) I plan on keeping mine for 8 - 10 years. It's likely to have 50,000 - 60,000 miles on it by then!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I live in MI too and I used to have a rwd Charger. Now I have the AWD 300c and would never get another rwd car again!! My 300c goes through anything. So far this year, the most we got by me at one time was 11" of snow and I had no problems!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have to agree with the consenus. I'd also love an AWD 300C SRT8 and would trade up for it if it were available. I'm extremely happy with my AWD 300C and it's been awesome during this extremely long winter here in Illinois. I'm currently saving up for some performance mods which should add some extra ponies. One of the biggest problems that I've found is finding the new rims with the right offset for our cars. I'm thinking that the best route to take is some forged 3-Piece wheels. Everyone know they're not cheap but that fact that they're made specifically for your type of vehicle makes it worth while.

·
Registered
553 Posts
As much as I'd love the chance for an AWD SRT8 or STRD, what I'd really like would be an AWD Walter P. Chrysler Executive Series edition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts