Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought that black trim looked goofy, has anyone ever managed to paint it? I'm pretty sure I saw a cool vanilla one where they were.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
ive seen someone on the forum post pics of them painted in a gloss black, looked much better. My dads car came with the gloss black and it looks much better then ours.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
If you remove them from the car they could be painted to match. I am doing mine in stainless steel to match the window trim.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By default they are a sorta gloss black, like the frame around the edge of the mirrors, I'm not talking about the B pillars, but the windshield sides on the A pillars.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I have mine painted Brilliant Black Pearl to match the rest of the car. The car flows much better with the painted pillars. This was a MUCH NEEDED MOD!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Are you all talking about those black strips that run down the side of the windshield?

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
By default they are a sorta gloss black, like the frame around the edge of the mirrors, I'm not talking about the B pillars, but the windshield sides on the A pillars.
A few members have painted their A pillars along with the B & C pillars. Because of the mirror, they are a bigger pain to paint so many only paint the B & C. Plus, being unpainted is not all that noticeable due to the bulkiness of the mirror.

Many members attending this year's Spring Festival actually thought my B & C pillars were painted a gloss black. They were not. My body shop was able to highly polish them into looking as if they had been painted! After several weeks including hot sun, rain, and several car washes, they still look painted.

bruno

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*hits head against table*

I'm talking about the strips of plastic that run along the left and right of the windshield, that are part of the A pillar.

It makes the A pillar look thin and messes with the lines that go up the sides of the car, sorta.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yeah, the little plastic strip that runs along side the windshield, you can paint these just like you would paint the plastic mirror housing or the (usually) black abs plastic corners (like the one found on several suvs).
you might be able to save some $$ and DIY, it's fairly easy depending on your painting skills.

not sure if you were asking if it can be done or just if we had seen it but yes, and yes... good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts