Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wait time is now down around 3 months before the 300C is released here in OZ and DC have told me that production of RHD cars for Australia is to start within days.

I need to firm up my chosen colour to make sure my 300C is in the first batch. I originally reckoned that it was going to be Bright Silver for me but I am having a rethink. Has any member got a picture or pictures of Mineral Grey?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mineral Grey

I don't have a picture of a 300 in Mineral Grey but I can show you a picture of my 05 Dakota in Mineral Grey next to my Magnesium 300C. I think the 300 will look very good in Mineral Grey.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pd171, thanks for providing the picture. I did a search on Mineral Grey of the forum and there were a few references but I am gathering that the 300 has not been available in that colour in North America.

I agree with you, I think a Mineral Grey 300C will look good and it would show off a nice set of chrome wheels better that Silver.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
joey, thanks for posting those photos. I must admit the colour is not exactly as I expected it to be.

Many years ago I had a car which was done in a colour they called Gunmetal. It was darker than Mineral appears to be and the metal flake showed through really well. I loved it.

I will need my other half to take a look at the pictures you have posted to get the other (female) opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know much about Oz, but here in the States the 300C isn't available in Mineral Gray. They do come in Silver Steel Metallic though. I think that's a new colour for 2006. (Bright Silver Metallic is also an option.)

I happen to have a Silver Steel example sitting in my driveway, but the sun's down and my camera has gone missing. I'm sure I'll be able to manage a photo in a couple of days, if no one else comes through. Hard to say for sure with photographs and uncalibrated computer monitors and all, but I'd say it's about the same darkness as the Magnum that joey posted photos of. It has a different colour cast though, and there's a sportin' metallic fleck texture that's obvious from up close.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grey & eudaman, thanks for the follow up. Geeze the Mineral Grey and the Silver Steel look almost the same to me.

Don't get me wrong they do look great but just not to my taste.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts