Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang,

I was wondering, Does anyone here use the Rain-X windshield washer fluid, as opposed to the version you wipe on the windows? I was thinking about using it after the washer reservoir is empty. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
man i put that crap on my window only ONCE!i hated it it was ok when you are driving in light rain you dont need your wipers on water just beeds off of it but in a heavy down pour when you have to use your wipers you get streaking it got to the point that i had to buy this special stuff to get it off the window.imop DONT USE THIS CRAP!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Our experience with this has been excellent. We used it in Arkansas and got lots of light mist and heavy rains. No issues at all.

we have also used the wipe-on/rub-off Rain-X and really like it. It works fine here in Arizona with our occasional rains.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't think you're suppose to get it on the rubber of the wiper blades, which would happen if you use it in the washer fluid. This may be the cause of the streaking mentioned here.

·
Registered
165 Posts
We've been using Rain-X for years (the wipe on one - not the washer fluid one) on our last 4 cars and we love it. It works excellent. I think the problem most people have with it is they put it on once or twice and expect it to last forever! You don't do that with your car wax... do you?

The trick is to clean you windshield thoroughly before application. Apply the Rain-X as stated in the instructions. Then whenever you are going to reapply it (2-4 weeks depending on the amout of rain/snow in your area) DON'T use any glass cleaner!!! Just wipe your windshield with water and paper towels, and it isn't that hard to do, in fact my wife does it most of the time. If you use any cleaner or your washer fluids you will decrease the Rain-X's effectiveness. Reapply the Rain-X and your good to go.

I live in northern NJ and have commuted nearly 100 miles per dayfor over 10 years. I rarely if ever need to use my wipers in the rain or sleet and never use my washer fluid!

As for the washer fluid my only concern would be getting the Rain-X on the car paint. The regular Rain-X fluid recommends NOT getting it on painted surfaces - so the washer fluid version my be a different formula to hopefully not hurt our paint.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a STi and I use it on that car i have used my wipers twice and that was in heavy heavy rain. The stuff works great if used properly.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have used the rain-x washer fluid, and it works pretty much like washer fluid. I didn't expect it to "apply" rain-x every time I hit the washers. I don't remember it being advertized that way.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I use the Rain X washer fluid and love it, I don't use the wipe on stuff anymore. The washer fluid is not quite as good but no streaks and no brains to apply.

·
Registered
19 Posts
what I used to do (in my now totalled green 98 Ram) was apply the wipe on, and use the fluid... that way you get kind of a double effect, worked FLAWLESSLY, I lived in coal country, so you had to use your wipers alot, even with the regular RainX if you got behind a coal truck, and there is alot of road film.....
on my blue truck, when it is out, it gets about 5 coats of rainX on it before it goes out, it has no working wipers, so that is my only saving grace, and it works GREAT
no smears, no smudges, as long as you have a good set of wiper blades (no cuts or flaws in the rubber itself to cause streaking) it'll wipe streak free and CLEAR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts