Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for input and pics of these lenses installed.dont know if they're gonna be worth the money not to mention I'm still on the fence about a front end conversion. let me know guys!

·
Registered
605 Posts
i've seen these on someone car before but can't remember who. It was on a black limited and they kind of remind you of the painted headlight covers that cost about 60 bucks. They look good and stand out too.

·
Registered
979 Posts
yeah those are known as the jdm projectors. A few supporting vendors sell them a lot of v6 guys have them that dont want to convert to the srt8 look. Try looking at wyckoff or k2motors. The only thing i suggest though with any aftermarket type light is to run a sealant around where the lense attaches to the base or their is always the possibility of condensation in your headlights, which looks terrible and slowly eats away at the chrome or black backing the headlight. Not all people have this problem but some do.

·
Registered
289 Posts
looking for input and pics of these lenses installed.dont know if they're gonna be worth the money not to mention I'm still on the fence about a front end conversion. let me know guys!
Something to consider...

C-bumper: $200+ considering used/new condition + shipping cost if you can't pick it up. Shipping is usually $100+
Headlights: $150+ considering if you go ebay or get a non-HID OEM pair.
Foglights: $150, more if you don't install yourself
Paint: $0-$300+, if you can find one that matches your paint, nice! If not, about $300 is the norm for painting the front bumper.
Chrome bumper trim: Not sure what the going rate is, someone once told me $150 for the pair.

All of this, just to give you a C-conversion. That doesn't even include all the nifty mods you can do after that, such as the VIP300c SRT lip - $459, AAC halo's/HID kit - $400+, etc. lol

At my last rundown, it's going to cost me at least $1600 to get the look I want for my 300..this include OEM headlights with AAC halo's and HID's, and VIP's front SRT lip.

My wife isn't too happy.

·
Registered
979 Posts
ken that is a great rundown. Not to mention though the c/srt8 halogen projectors look 100x's better and they are in the ball park of 400-600 new. to me i will just make a sweet looking v6 and go the route most people dont take.. avoiding the c conversion

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
sad thing is that 1600 is what it would cost me to convert to a magnum srt front end. it would be right at 1000 to convert to a full srt 300c front end,which on the other hand thats 300 less than the Couture body kit I've been "eye-f***ing" for the past month and with that I could keep everything I have now or just fo these headlights. but will they be that much more of an improvement to my hid's and apperance or just a reason to spend money? UUUUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHH decisions decisions,my ole ladies gonna whip my a$$ too ken, need a roomie? lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ken that is a great rundown. Not to mention though the c/srt8 halogen projectors look 100x's better and they are in the ball park of 400-600 new. to me i will just make a sweet looking v6 and go the route most people dont take.. avoiding the c conversion
Todd you've been a lot of help and very friendly since I joined. But you lost me on this one bro, lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts