Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent posted in awhile but i was wondering if anybody here had problems with their fog light bulbs? I installed luminics ultra white 9005s in there and the housing got alot of condensation in there after while and the bulbs blew. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it for free (leased car). I jsut ordered another pair of them and just installed them and realized the luminics bulbs are a little different. The tabs or in kind of different spots. The bulbs fit but im hoping it doesnt have a bad seal and let water in again.

On the back of the factory bulbs they say 9145u H10. Would h10 bulbs be better to go in the fogs?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have experience with both 9005s and H10. 9005 bulbs do fit but you have to play with it a bit. I think the tabs for H10 goes right in. At the base of the bulbs there should be a rubber washer seal. Make sure that it is snugged in tightly in the fog light housing no matter what bulb you are using to prevent condensation.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have experience with both 9005s and H10. 9005 bulbs do fit but you have to play with it a bit. I think the tabs for H10 goes right in. At the base of the bulbs there should be a rubber washer seal. Make sure that it is snugged in tightly in the fog light housing no matter what bulb you are using to prevent condensation.
Yea the with the 9005s i can get 2 tabs in at the same time then turn alittle bit and get the 3rd tab in. Then i turn it in to tighten it up. It seems to fit fine i just dont want condesation to build up again. I had like an inch of water in one and the both bulbs blew up. I guess i would have been better off with the h10s. They are probably the best fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts