Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have made my demands know and the dealer has assured me they will oblige. They have learned their lesson as they didn't listen to me once, so I passed on the car.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Best not stick logo's on my car. I can deal with the license surround.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just talked to my dealer yesterday and told him 1) I did not want dealer badging, 2) I did not want the front license plate mounted, and 3) I did not want them to wash the car. I made sure he wrote all this down before I left. They will pull the stickers off the car, but I want to make sure that I do the initial cleaning, claybar, zanio, etc on the car. Not that they may not do a good job, it is just that I will know it is done exactly how I want it if I do it myself. They were very agreeable with me and hopefully there will be no problems when the car comes in.

·
Registered
856 Posts
No stickers. I'll drive around with their license plate frame for a couple of weeks until I get my permanant plates and DEFINITELY NO DETAILING. If I want to wash my car with a rock-filled sponge and gutter water, I'll do it myself. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
My dealer has my instructions: Do not touch the car! They have agreed they will do nothing to the car. Very friendly and understanding, I might add.

·
Registered
679 Posts
you guys are tough..

I had not even thought of all that with the dealer....guess I better make the same phone call. Question, I am selling my BMW 745, which comes with it's own phone, and therefore needs to be turned in with the car. The SRT8's Bluetooth compatible (which I am now used...hand free!). Will any Bluetooth phone work with this car, or are there certain cell phones that work?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thank you XCITsNU

I will do just that. :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Why would you care about the dealer license plate frame or the paper that's in the middle of it? Just unscrew the thing.. first thing I did when I got home....

The holder screwed into the front bumper is pretty obnoxious though and I'm looking for some sort of black filler now for the holes because I'd rather drive without plates and consider any tickets an operating cost. I drove a pathfinder for 10 years without front plate in california with no incident, so i'll take my chances.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Dealer Advertising

XCITsNU said:
I am wondering if anyone else is concerned about Deal Prep; dealer emblems, License surrounds, etc.?

Share away...

Thoughts I've missed?
My salesman knows how I feel about that. I told him if he advertises my business, I'd consider advertising his. Not likely though. All they use are the licence plate things. I use plate protectors and the two can't be mounted together anyway. I don't know why there are still dealers that use those metal badges.

As far as prep goes. My salesman always hand washes my new vehicles because he knows I don't want it going through their car wash. They have this information on the computer because they usually wash vehicles after servicing or oil changes. I always tell then not to wash it just to make sure and they put that on the invoice. I'll admit I'm very anal about this, but I always buy black. I hate seeing black cars/trucks with those three dimensional swirls that are caused by car washes. I only wash my vehicles in a touchless car wash in the winter, sometimes every other day. I would sooner have a film on it than have brushes filled with dirt "sand" the paint. In better weather I wash by hand.

Rambit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts