Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I order wheels and tires for my customers. I was told yesterday that they would have Hankook performance tires(22") on the 22" wheels.
My rep said they are as good as Pirelli's but I haven't heard of them.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've run them before... The chinese make some pretty amazing products, but their tires I am not fond of....

Its one of those products that people refer to as "For the price, they are pretty good." In other words, if its all you can afford they rule, if you can afford better, return them for some Pirelli's or Continentals.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Like rogue said, they are being used to cut the price on wheel/tire combos to try and make them "affordable". If you look on the major wheel web sites, they are selling them like crazy. I myself have not ever run them before, but from what I have heard, they are "OK".

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Wesexcellence, Hankooks are sold widely down here but I don't have any personal experience of them.

The only personal experiences I do have is generally that Asian Tyres are not as good as European product IMO. Bought a set of Goodyear F1 tyres which were made in Germany, and a few years later replaced them with the same tyres which were made in Japan. The Japanese tyres were not as grippy, were noisier and less responsive in the steering. Also I had a very poor experience with Falkens after so many people recommended them. Punctures, flat spotted after a minor lock-up, they were not responsive and they wore our quickly.

Buy the most expensive tyres you can afford is my advice.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I would strongly recommend that you pay the extra and get some Pirelli's or a tire along the same quality. Hankook's are poor quality tires and are really for people who have beater cars that might need a set of cheap tires. Would you really want to be riding on cheap tires when you have large rims like 22's? And I believe the Hankook's are Korean made tires.

·
Registered
415 Posts
they are ok, not great, on 18 inch or smaller wheels, I would not recommend them for 22... falken are ok, I feel they are better than the hankook, so base it on that ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tires

Those tires are all over Germany. Not good response to what I hear from the military guys that have them on the Cars.

·
Registered
46 Posts
its for trucks

22" hankook tires are made for trucks (XL rating- Extra large truck or Light truck). Manufacturers of tires are slow to come up with 22" for passenger cars because there isn't a big demand for them. Pirelli/Hankook 22" are currently the only two tires with low profile that can fit passenger cars, BUT remember, they are NOT calibrated for passenger cars, therefore expect more road noises and a rougher ride. Wheel shops will try to sell you Hankook because it will bring down the cost of the wheel package. I would recommend Pirelli ($252) because they are more reputable. BTW, I just got some Asanti AF118 22x9.5 with Pirelli 265x35x22. Center powder-coated black . Just insane.

Scarface

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got Hankook on my 20's

Came with the 20's and mesh grille. I was not impressed when I saw the brand, but liked the price for the whole package so I took them. I just got back from a 600 mile round trip up to SLO, Ca from down south. Left in light rain and encountered heavy terrential rain throughout the trip. I was very impressed with the performance of the tires the whole way. Road noise was virtually silent. Ride was beautiful, and filled with lookie-loos, including a Volvo Wagon filled with ladies who, after pulling up next to us on the 101fwy, literally pulled out the camera and took pictures at 70 MPH!!! Cant say I blame them :) Had people staring up and down the coast. It's almost unfair really. Anyhow, unless someone has driven the tires ,thier just talkin. Those tires will do whatever you ask of them, with no noise issues. nz

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
ENSEY said:
Anyhow, unless someone has driven the tires ,thier just talkin. Those tires will do whatever you ask of them, with no noise issues. nz
I believe many of us spoke with full confidence and experience. We had no intention of insulting anyones tire, just giving a friendly recomendation, therefore you have no need to defend your tires. I hope they treat you well. Mine did not and cost me 2 spare wheels on my last car. A tire blowout at 80mph in a turn is not fun.

Drive carefully. They are not performance tires.

Wes did you end up upgrading?

·
Registered
18 Posts
no prob

No offense taken whatsoever. My point was simply that I have been pleased so far, and that many times people can develop opinions without really having first hand experience. Ive been guilty only about a billion times or so. Had I known your experience, I would have been very leery of taking these tires. But, anyway, you may be right, these tires could end up being trash, but so far they have met my expectations. I appreciate all the useful info I have received from this board, it has been invaluable. nz

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hankook tires are made in Korea (Hankook translated literally means "Korean") and they are not of very good quality. Having lived in Korea for 9 years, I can honestly say there are no Korean auto parts, accessories or vehicles for that matter that I would ever purchase when a superior alternative is available. Put Hankooks on a Hyundai, but never a Chrysler. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts