Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don't have the time to do this. I've heard of different methods, WD-40 method followed by Goo Gone

But I'm offering a few bucks if anyone who has had experience with de-molding there 300. I have an 06' Touring Model. LMK

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Very easy to do just take your time.I did mine last year and i am not to good with cars or mods but found this to be very easy.Just put in a search and you would find alot of information,its not worth paying anybody to do this.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hey Devil Dog!!

If you feel like coming to the Cherry Point area, I'll be glad to help you out. I'd prefer to do them on a weekend. Just let me know.

Joe

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's easy, but a total PITA at the same time. I may have been having a hard time because it's freaking cold here, but getting all the gummy residue off is pesky to say the least. I'm halfway done (driver's side only) and I'm leaving the other side for a warmer day. I'm sure it's easier in warmer climates.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Devil Dog!!

If you feel like coming to the Cherry Point area, I'll be glad to help you out. I'd prefer to do them on a weekend. Just let me know.

Joe

I'll definately come out there, I'd really appreciate it. When is a good weekend for you?

I'm actually deploying at the end of March, I was trying to knock it out before I head out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just Do It!

Just do it man! I did mine today, and it was simple. Plus it only took about an hour and a half. I did the moldings and badges. If you look under exterior mods, my thread is I FINALLY DID IT. You can see the pics, it really was a no brainer! Take care.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I chickened out and took mine to a body shop I have been doing business with for decades. (Don't say much about my driving does it?) I figured that if they messed up they could touch up.

The owner let one of his techs do it on his own time. He took it off and buffed the entire sides of the car for $100. I figure it was worth it for the time it would have taken me and the risk of my screwing it up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
USMCSGT, pretty much did it for me over the weekend. (thanks again) I was pretty shocked out quick it was to do it. Suprisingly i didn't have the "shadow" effect everyonewas talking about, used some Nu Polish, and everything came out PERFECT. He even took care of the pin-stripe i had on the car, even though the dealer said removing that would leave marks too.

So now the car has been officially de-molded as of 3/15/2008.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts