Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im planning on purchasing some 22's for my 300C. Im picking between the Lowenhart LD 1's or the TIS 03 wheel. I wanted to know if anyone on here has them on there 300C or anyother car? Hows the quality of the chrome? How big is the lip on these rims? Whats the best tire size for the 22's? 255/30/22 is what someone else posted as been good?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Here we go. the TIS wheel stands for Twenty Inches Strong. The White 300c in the 300c's with 22's has the TIS01 on it. The other 300c that shows the TIS02 is rapper 50 cents (same rim on the Dub special edition C). Their running a different tire on it, at the time that was the only size available. The 255/30/22 will keep the car the closes to the original diameter. They're made by Nitto and we're specificaly made for the car. I don't know what the TIS03 cost, but the TIS01's are $800.00 ea. the tires are between $320.00 and $375.00 depending where you look. Some of the other rims shown are approx. $450.00 each. Plan on spending at least $3300 and up. Verify that any rim you select will fit. This has been the problem, you need at least a 15mm offset.

·
Registered
109 Posts
we have tis 04 on our car

·
Registered
109 Posts
The 255/30/22 was not made specifically for these cars, they were out long before the 300C was. They are more practical for the newer model Impalas, Crown Vics, Bubble Caprices, Etc. And if you do decide to use this tire, try not to pay more than $335 for it. The 255/30/22 is .6" shorter than the factory tire and I would only recommend it if you planned on bagging the car. The 265/35/22 is almost .7" taller than factory, it still fits just fine and will offer the best ride quality and look the best. TIS wheels do not make a 22" in 5/4.5/114.3 all those who have them had them custom made by TIS (which by the way won't happen unless you are famous or have tons of money, we are a TIS dealer and they would not do them for us) or you must take them and have them drilled yourself, which is what we did. All the DUB magazines show the tire size used to be a 285/35/22 which is a typo, all the Dub cars are using the 265/35/22 with exception to 1 of the 8 cars which is using a 255/30/22.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey needasrt4, WATCH OUT FOR THAT CURB!

The bigger the rim, the bigger the distance you need to habitually maintain between front end and sidewalk/curb. I don't want to be a nag, just trying to help you avoid that awful feeling one gets as they pull into 7-11 and hear the undelicious sound of fog lights meeting concrete followed by the abstract chime of a high priced rim leaving the world of circular design.

BTW, nice looking wagon, that tint is sweet.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
needastr4,
Thanks for the info. This helps select the best all around fit. Bottum line is it's extreme and a person needs to evaluate what they want. Once that is established then they need to understand the good, the bad and the ugly with their choice.

Tibbs, your info is also helpful. Personal experience beats guessing any day.

·
Registered
109 Posts
park over that curb every day, its actually pretty short (you can see baout 4" clearance) and it doesn't scrub until we lower it then we will have to back up. Meanwhile it is comforting to have it parked as far up as possible so no customers or trucks take off my back end

If you think thats extreme, you haven't seen anything yet. Much more to come, hope fully we will have some painted pics up within a week.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Needasrt4 do you think TIS will come out with 22's to fit 300c's anytime soon? And when you say "had them drilled" is the wheel still safe to put on the car? What is the cost of doing custom drilling? What bolt pattern would you have to get so you can drill them for the 300c? My car was just ordered so I might not recieve it for another 10 weeks or so but I was planning on buying the rims but i guess thats all changed if they don't fit. I could purchase the rims from you with then drilled but im located in Canada. Thanks for the info tho.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, TIS has plans to release them in the correct lug pattern soon. Yes, if done properly the wheels are 100% safe. It would probably run around $400 to get them done correctly. We got ours in 5/127 because thats what they had in stock. Currrently 90% of all sizes and patterns are on 6wk national back order. TIS was not expecting the demand for them that have gotten and are having a hard time keeping up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
wgcdre said:
Just got TIS02 22inch on my 300c. Looks great! Still need to get lowered though.
wgcdre,

Did you have to pay extra for a custom fitment, or are they offering them in the 300C bolt pattern now?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know one thing about TIS wheels, Dub has them on every 300c they have. Not to mention tons of people are buying them. Why not buy a wheel that not everyone has? I personally hate seeing the same rims I have, on someone elses car, be original. If you get good tires you'll get about 40,000 to 50,000 miles depending on how you drive.

·
Registered
677 Posts
They sell DUB stickers at pepboys. I saw a suburban on 14" Daytons sticking out with spacers with DUB stickers all over it the other day. DUB is the next west coast choppers for the pepboys crowd. Not to be rude, but those of you considering making your car a DUB clone or putting DUB badges on your cars, might want to reconsider. You'll regret it the first time you see an Astrovan with bondo bandages and pepboys spinner hubcaps with DUB plastered all over it. This sort of thing is super common here in Los Angeles. Most likely not everywhere else.

Trends start and spiral out of control. Its your car, do whatcha like and what makes you happy. I don't like looking like everyone else. Thats why I modify my cars in the first place.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My 300C is a 310 South Motorsports car, thats the custom shop here near me, and they do some crazy stuff with cars. I dont see too many dub stickers around here, but I can imagine all the crappy cars riding around with those stickers on them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can't do anything about the people who put stickers. Companies will sell there product to whoever so you really can't do much. I like the TIS wheels, you can't really anything bad about them. If I can't find a nice multi-peice wheel then I think im going get some TIS's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's rare to see any 300 in my area. We're dominated by BMWs, Lexuses, Mercedes, and HONDAS HONDAS HONDAS. So I don't really worry about looking like everyone else. Heh.

Although it is strange. The other day, I saw a Bentley Continental pulling out of a Taco Bell.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts