Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
LOL ;) ok ok... I know that was very stupid... I THINK that is the sensor for the automatic AC setting! not 100% sure though!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
i think

I think i read someplace here that this is the body temp sensor. For the dual climate control.?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is the infrared sensor for the automatic climate control. Started with jeep in 2000 I think and has now moved into other vehicles.

:)

·
Registered
901 Posts
It is the sensor, and try avoid touching it otherwise will have the sensor all wacky!

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Yep it's the sensor alright, but senses cabin temp., not body heat... that's a whole different forum!! ;)

·
Registered
704 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Yep it's the sensor alright, but senses cabin temp., not body heat... that's a whole different forum!! ;)
The infrared sensor independently measures the surface temperature of the driver and passenger. Based on the sensor input, the system automatically adjusts the air flow temperature, the air flow volume, and amount of outside air recirculation. This maintains a comfortable temperature even under changing conditions......p.197 in the owners manual :p

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
arnoldw said:
The infrared sensor independently measures the surface temperature of the driver and passenger. Based on the sensor input, the system automatically adjusts the air flow temperature, the air flow volume, and amount of outside air recirculation. This maintains a comfortable temperature even under changing conditions......p.197 in the owners manual :p
Sorry, I knew I had a special relationship with this car but I guess I didn't realize just how intimate that relationship was!! :eek: LOL. Thanks for the quote arnoldw

1 - 12 of 12 Posts