Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eibach, mopar, or other. please post some pix.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
speedmeister said:
eibach, mopar, or other. please post some pix.

thanks
If the 300 AWD is like the Mercedes 4-Matic it is based on - don't hold your breath. There may not be any lower kits or suspension kits for the AWD. There are none for the MBZ 4-Matic cars. When I first saw the Magnum SRT-8 concept (Jan 2003) I wanted an AWD version to replace my SUV but then I found out it was based on the 4Matic - so I changed my mind because you can not lower a 4-Matic car. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Now is there an issue with changing to larger rims as well, in another post i was told to do more research because they didnt know if it had been done yet.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Larger rims should not be a problem if you maintain the same Overall Diameter (O.D.) or tire height. However, you will not be able to do a 'staggered setup' with wider tires on rear like on many performance cars.

·
Registered
99 Posts
When you put a bigger wheel and a tire of the same height as oem, The tire would have a smaller sidewall. The gap in the wheel well will look bigger.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Will H&R make something for us. How about electronic controlled coil-overs? Anyone look into those yet? If I can't lower my soon to arrive AWD, I will need to switch to a RWD or think about getting another car all together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts