Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody?

Is it a simple mod, ie, with a Dremel Tool?

Thanks;

LJB:unitedsta

PS: I have the stock 300 Mudguards already installed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
M3SMG02 said:
Anybody?

Is it a simple mod, ie, with a Dremel Tool?

Thanks;

LJB:unitedsta

PS: I have the stock 300 Mudguards already installed.

:confused:

What exactly has to be modded? I always thought all 300's can use the mud guards.

In fact, Avon sells the body painted ones and they're one size fits all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
M3SMG02 said:
I mean, the Stock FRONT Mudguards...

the REARS don't Fit.

Anybody mod the REARS to fit?

LJB:yawn:


LOL! That was no help.

What are "Stock FRONT Mudguards?"

Still confused over here. :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,470 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vvv90 said:
LOL! That was no help.

What are "Stock FRONT Mudguards?"

Still confused over here. :confused:
The REAR Standard 300 Series Mudguards DO NOT FIT THE SRT8.

Otay?

Question Still Stands: Has ANYBODY modded the REAR Standard Factory Mudguards to fit the SRT8...?

LJB:stups:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
M3SMG02 said:
The REAR Standard 300 Series Mudguards DO NOT FIT THE SRT8.

Otay?

Question Still Stands: Has ANYBODY modded the REAR Standard Factory Mudguards to fit the SRT8...?

LJB:stups:
Just to let you know LBJ, I have the stock rear mudgaurds on my SRT and I too have been curious if there was a way to mod them to fit.

I saw that someone had suggested using an exacto knife and cutting them to fit. But, I figure I'll probably just make it worse, so I left it.

-Nevermore

BTW, mud gaurds, mudflaps, splash gaurds, mud shields - different names for same part.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,239 Posts
Nevermore said:
I saw that someone had suggested using an exacto knife and cutting them to fit. But, I figure I'll probably just make it worse,

That was me; I was thinking about trying that on my dad's SRT8 but so far they are still in the box, unopened, and un-modified. I was hoping someone else would be the pioneer and let me know how it turned out! :biggrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,239 Posts
vvv90 said:
LOL! That was no help.

What are "Stock FRONT Mudguards?"

Still confused over here. :confused:

Well they are not technically "Stock" but rather the Mopar splash guards he is referring to. The front ones are the same for all 300's but the rears won't work on an SRT8 due to the lower "lip" or spoiler. Actually the WILL "work" but to me it looks kinda tacky since there is a gap between the splashguard and the rear valence.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
M3SMG02 said:
The REAR Standard 300 Series Mudguards DO NOT FIT THE SRT8.

Otay?

Question Still Stands: Has ANYBODY modded the REAR Standard Factory Mudguards to fit the SRT8...?

LJB:stups:

Gotcha.

I didn't realize they didn't fit the SRT-8. I almost ordered a pair of painted ones from 22elite? Avon? err, whatever.

There's no way I'm cutting anything on the exterior of my car to get an aftermarket component to fit.

Uh uh....no way...no sir.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
vvv90 said:
Gotcha.

I didn't realize they didn't fit the SRT-8. I almost ordered a pair of painted ones from 22elite? Avon? err, whatever.

There's no way I'm cutting anything on the exterior of my car to get an aftermarket component to fit.

Uh uh....no way...no sir.

Good luck.
The cutting would be done to the guard, not the car.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top