Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I could buy a pre-painted engine cover in Hemi Orange, I'd buy it tomorrow. I'm surprised some of the after market people don't offer it. I keep checking EBAY/GOOGLE but no luck. I don't want to paint the one I have but would like to buy another one pre-painted.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had been looking too, same situation, same color, checked ebay and such, no luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I sense a business opportunity.

·
Registered
332 Posts
How much do u want for yours. For the Engine cover. I will send u mine which is unpainted. I will pay u the costs for material and labor charge and shipping.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like it with no badge or flames... How much are the covers?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Guys, my goodness, it's the easiest mod to do. Heck, it's even fun. There is a detailed 'how-to' right here in the forums.

I did mine Monday evening. Degreased it, cleaned it, masked it, primed it, painted it, in less than 2 hours, while barbecuing dinner and watching the news. I clearcoated it the next morning. I even painted the wiper fluid cap, just to keep the color coordination Gods smiling.

The primer and paint were $6 bucks a can. The masking was simple enough for a kindergarten crafts class to pull off. Heck, it was so fun I'm going to attempt painting my air box (most likely the Volant) in a carbon fiber treatment (tape mesh over block box, spray on grey and clearcoat)

DIY. Why let someone else have all the fun?

·
Registered
98 Posts
yep, looks good, I would be interested in one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
No flex agent needed in the paint?? I'll follow-up next week since I'm going on vacation later today... I need to find out what an engine cover costs. I don't want to paint the one I have..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Most of the high temp paints have a ceramic in them, so they are flexible. I can bend mine, the paint just goes with the flow. I banged it against the backyard gate walking back to the car...as...uh...as a test, yeah sure, and it didn't flake, smudge, or scream profanities. Make sure to buy a high temp paint or your engine cover will look more wrinkled than Don Rumsfeld's ball sack in a sauna.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't paint it!

Guys,

Don't paint your covers, they are vinyl. Dye them using a vinyl dye and you will not have to worry about using any flex agent in the paint. "And that's a good thing" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would love to buy one too. Classic HEMI orange, with 300C logo and the 5.7 V8 badge! Please provide price!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Blankster said:
No flex agent needed in the paint?? I'll follow-up next week since I'm going on vacation later today... I need to find out what an engine cover costs. I don't want to paint the one I have..
$50 at the dealer, I am thinking of re doing mine, I copied NorthernRider and went with hemi orange, I also added a Superbird I got off ebay, pics are in the painted cover thread.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Painting Engine Cover

Sorry to give anyone the impression that I would make these. I have no intention of going into business painting covers.

However, I did put together a "How To" thread so you can do it yourself.

Here it is:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1871

1 - 14 of 14 Posts