Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told from a reliable source there may be a shortage of 6.1L engines, and what there is out there has been diverted to the Challenger build.

I'm just wondering if there's anyone who's tried to order a SRT8 vehicle other than the Challeger within the past two weeks what their dealer has told them, ie "on restriction".

Bernie

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah Rembit

I just asked Mopar supercentre that they have restrictions towards shipping outside US!!!!!! I said that i will send a guy to pay and pick up the items, and im waiting for the reply

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
I've been told from a reliable source there may be a shortage of 6.1L engines, and what there is out there has been diverted to the Challenger build.

I'm just wondering if there's anyone who's tried to order a SRT8 vehicle other than the Challeger within the past two weeks what their dealer has told them, ie "on restriction".

Bernie
The "shortage" was planned long ago, as maximum production is needed to fulfill all of the 2008 Challenger SRT orders. Production of non-Challenger SRT8 vehicles is set to end early, when production of the Challenger SRT's begin (~next Monday).

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The "shortage" was planned long ago, as maximum production is needed to fulfill all of the 2008 Challenger SRT orders. Production of non-Challenger SRT8 vehicles is set to end early, when production of the Challenger SRT's begin (~next Monday).
Seriously, I think that's what the holdup is now. It's full steam ahead for the Challenger, motors and all. Apparently the Kicker thing is long since resolved.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I got mine :D

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, with any luck I'll get my 2nd one too.:biggrin: They opened a one day only window for my Jeep last Thursday, just for me...haha!!! Looks like I'll have the only Canadian one with the Kicker now. Word has it there was a problem with some kind of screws after the Kicker was sorted out.

Had some major players goin' to bat for me on this thing too. Jeez, and I thought getting my car was hard 3 years ago!!! Same thing happened with that too with high level meetings at Chrysler.

Good on you Chrysler!!!

Bernie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts