Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wanting to get alittle more sound out of the car and instead of replacing everything has anyone cut off the rear bumper exhuasts and just added straight pipe with new tips???

If anyone has do you have any pics oand how does it sound???

·
Registered
224 Posts
A lot of guys have done that with 300c's and SRT-8's but I dont think they put straight pipes, you still will have to bend them so they come out at the right place. It sounds great. Search resonator delete and I'm sure you'll find some videos.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey guys wanting to get alittle more sound out of the car and instead of replacing everything has anyone cut off the rear bumper exhuasts and just added straight pipe with new tips???

If anyone has do you have any pics oand how does it sound???
I had this mod done couple months ago and it sounds great. The only thing i did different than most others is that i had the pipes mandrel bent. I get a little drone at around 1800 rpm when going through the gears but nothing major, far less than most cat-backs. At highway speeds none at all. I got a before and after dyno the day i had it done and picked up 20 rear wheel horsepower! Thats more than Magnaflow advertise for their cat-back. Search Mackay cmr tune for the full story, u will be impressed!

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
agreed, i cut off the rear resonators and replaced them with 2.75" pipe with mandrel bends and some nice 4" chrome rolled end tips. IT SOUNDS AWESOME!! especially at WOT and high in the rev range. no noticeable droning and certainly a noticable increase in response. For a cheap, easy mod, i would say DO IT!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cat -back srt-8

I was about to buy either Magna-flow or slp2 cat-back today until I saw this. So I will get more power over a magna- flow or slp 2 for a cheaper price. Sounds like a plan. How does it sound compared to magnaflow or slp2.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
there are several exhaust clips on the exhaust sticky here in this section.

here is mine:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts