Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just wondering if anyone feels like i do some days. I like my 300c but some days I see a done up Charger and think, damn that looks very nice.

I also get constant nagging from the wife to dump the grampa car and get a sports car, she loves the charger.

Anyone else get these feelings?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
i have to admit, every once in a while i THINK i have these feelings. i'm fortunate that i have two good friends who live less than 3 miles away...both own chargers. in fact FreebirdSRT owns a Magnum too. I get to ride in their Super Bees and Maggie often. Nothing against the other LXs, but my 300 SRT is a luxurious a muscle car as you get. I have no regrets.

buy a predator and you'll wake up that car of yours.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Me To I Wish I Got A Charger Srt ,daytona,or Bee,only Some Times

·
Registered
390 Posts
Not really - the Charger just doesn't appeal to me too much for some reason. Well, I did see a blue Super Bee that I could probably live with. :) Show your wife some pics of well-modified or tricked out 300s and ask her if she thinks they look like "grandpa" cars. Then, get to work on the modding! 300s can be very aggressive looking (and sounding) with the right mods.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Not even for a split second! The style of the 300 just grabbed me the first time I saw a picture of one, in the late 2003 "Car & Driver" where they preview all the upcoming new cars. Then when I read it would be RWD and available with a big V8 I knew I'd be getting one. The Charger is not a BAD looking car but it's just an ordinary looking car to me. I would have stuck with my original plan to completely refurbish my worn out Thunderbird SC or bought a Mercury Marauder before I'd have gone with a Charger.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Show her an Avenger and ask if she wants a larger version of that :)

:biggrin:

I thought I was the only one who thought that, especially from the rear..

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Not at all! Love my 300 and my wife also loves it.Never thought the 300 looked like a grandpa car, now that i think of it i never heard anybody say it either, they tell me it looks like a GANSTER CAR!:AR15firin

·
Registered
105 Posts
Absolutely not.

I mean no offense to Charger owners (as obviously each persons opinion is to personal liking), but when I look at my 300C and then a Charger I see no comparison with what I look for in a vehicle. The 300C is one of those rare cars that combines luxury with muscle. The Charger doesn't do that. I find the uniqueness of the 300C as compared to most other vehicles the biggest "draw" for me. I have never loved a vehicle more than I do right now with my 300C.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I sometimes drool over Magnums, but not Chargers. Not that I don't like Chargers, it's just the appearance doesn't grab me like the 300C and Maganum.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I understand what your saying. I sort of felt the same way. I did buy a charger sxt 3.5 'couple months ago....gonna give to my boy in a 'couple years. Anyhow, I prefer the angry, fierce look of the charger, and really injoy driving the 3.5 believe it or not.....but the 300 srt just got pulled out of storage last week and I'm feelin' some torque again!!!

So, I guess I got lucky that we needed a winter car and the wifey wanted the charger........incidently, the 300 has 2,200 miles and a loose front end over the bumpies....the charger 1,800 miles and is solid as a rock over the same road!!???....wtf?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got a few "thats a grandpa car" comments when I brought home my base 300.... but now with a few goodies (22's, tint, some chrome here and there and a DVD player in the dash)... everyone wants to RIDE with grandpa!

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
The 2006 H.E. is every bit the vehicle (and color, and options) I wanted, and for nearly a year it was the upscale brother to our pre-owned 2005 300C. But then I was really missing the hauling capacity lost when we gave away our Town & Country van... so what might satisfy that need? Nothing but a cross-over Magnum... and when I got a smokin' deal on sale price, and good trade value for the '05 300C we welcomed the Silver Bullet to the stable.

The wife likes the Charger SRT8s, but wouldn't give up the Heritage Edition. And I'm not about to give up the MSRT8. I'm just glad the Blue Bee that sold recently from my local dealer remains in the area... and I hope we can chat sometime this year at a local show or two.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a Charger with the Road and Track group and I swithced to the 300c. I think the 300c rides a lot better. Both are cool cars!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just made the switch from a charger to a 300, i must say that i miss the charger a whole lot, it looks so agressive, but i was looking for a more classy and sleek looking car this time around, i love the LX so i went with the 300 and of course the 6.1

1 - 20 of 67 Posts