Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm completely frustrated with the operation of the MyGig in my '08 (RER). Compared to my $150 Garmin Nuvi Chrysler & Harmon Kardon should be embarrassed with this unit. It's just not user friendly. The points of interest are dated. I understand that-it's going on 3 yrs. old. I just don't trust the directions sometimes. Seems to want to put me on local roads all the time even when all other options are enabled, along with some other questionable routes given.
Long story short, I know too late, Has anyone upgraded to an aftermarket CD for MyGig? Other than updated maps does the operation or graphics change at all? I don't have the car home right now but the last time I checked (about 6 months ago) the software was the latest version. Thanks folks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at some aftermarket disks I guess just maps and POI are updated not the actual way it routes. The lock pick would be useful to use the thing in motion.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. Over here a map update costs around $400. That is just stupid.

I've just resigned myself to having to use my Nuvi alongside the MyGig... at least the map updates are affordable.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
Marco....Armchair is British....he just converted £ into $ for the American readers' benefit

I've noticed that the MyGig ALWAYS defaults to 'shortest' route, rather than 'fastest' ....... this invariably puts you onto minor roads. I only realised when it took me off the motorway (freeway) and put me onto a dead straight Roman road, running through lots of small towns & villages

I'd like to update my maps too, but Navteq web site always refers me to the Chrysler dealer - they dont seem willing to sell direct to the customer

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Marco....Armchair is British....he just converted £ into $ for the American readers' benefit

I've noticed that the MyGig ALWAYS defaults to 'shortest' route, rather than 'fastest' ....... this invariably puts you onto minor roads. I only realised when it took me off the motorway (freeway) and put me onto a dead straight Roman road, running through lots of small towns & villages

I'd like to update my maps too, but Navteq web site always refers me to the Chrysler dealer - they dont seem willing to sell direct to the customer

ok.lol

you can change this in the menu, fast route or shortest......

post your navigation database version!

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
I know I can change it.....but it defaults to 'shortest' everytime the ignition is turned off....so it has to be reset to 'fastest' every time I plot a route

nav database is E106 0639A

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
I know I can change it.....but it defaults to 'shortest' everytime the ignition is turned off....so it has to be reset to 'fastest' every time I plot a route

nav database is E106 0639A
morning

your database are very old from 2006!

about your problem, what application have you install?

latest are 2.107

1 - 10 of 10 Posts