Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I plan to go to the 75-80 Dragway in Monrovia, MD this Saturday, April 9th (weather permitting). Does anyone want to come out and watch or make some passes? Here is a link to their website:

Home

Track prep should be pretty good because in addition to test & tune, they are running gamblers races with the really fast Outlaw Pro Street and 5.80 Index cars.

The gates open at 4:00 PM for tech inspection and the test & tune begins at 5 PM.

If anyone is interested, please reply in this thread.

Previously I have posted this kind of request in the Track Talk section, but this time I decided to post it here so maybe more people in my area will read it.

I'll probably be the only one there in a big red Chrylser SRT8 :) LOL

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
I want to go!

But I can't. Too far away.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What? Too far? You could probably make it here in 12 hours in your SRT8, but you would get a few tickets along the way :) LOL.

It's going to be pretty cold though. Definitely the coldest I will have ever seen at the track. They are calling for a high of 56, and a low of 51. It looks like it will be cloudy too, so the track may be a bit slippery. With a track elevation of 290 ft., that should put DA very close to 0. I've never been with DA less than 1000. I hope the sun shines a little bit to heat up the track so I can hook up all the power and get some good times.

EDIT: I just checked the website and noticed that the test & tune now costs $50 for drivers (it was $30 last year). That's a big price increase. I'm actually happy to pay more if it means it will be less crowded and I can make more passes. I hope fewer people are willing to pay $50.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I'd go, but same reasons as Steve. That, and I'm not sure how well the Demon would hold up to long distance travel... Give it a year before road trips start with it. The 300 is a road trip itself away to pick up.

$50 still sounds like a bargain. For your sake, hopefully there are less people.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, it's too bad there aren't more people in my area who are interested. I would happily pay $100 if I could make as many passes as I wanted! Usually when I go early, I'm first in line and can make two quick back-to-back passes. There have been times when it's so crowded that when I pull around the second time, they stop running test & tune and start running all the other lanes. I hate it when that happens. Now the only issue is the 40% chance of rain (according wunderground.com) and 20% chance (according to weather.com).

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just checked the weather forecast for late Saturday afternoon and it looks like it will be cloudy with temps in the mid to upper 50s. The forecast calls for only a 10% chance of rain in the afternoon. Conditions should be pretty good. I'm stoked!

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Track is closed today because of all the rain we got over the past couple of days. I don't think it rained at all last night, but over an inch of rain fell yesterday and Thursday.

This sucks. I'm totally bummed out now. :( I was really looking forward to going TODAY.

Now I'm planning to go next Saturday, April 16th. Please let me know if anyone is interested in meeting me there.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This sucks! Track was closed again today because of rain! I'm planning to go next Friday (April 22) after work. If anyone is interested in coming out, let me know.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
You think that's bad? May 1st is a "possible" opening day for the track here.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This is the third weekend in a row I wanted to go, but the track was closed due to weather. The sad thing is that last Saturday would have been just about perfect (other than water all over the track!) because temps were were right around 60 degrees. By the time the weather clears up, it will be 90 degrees outside!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts