Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking, looking, looking... my latest find is the TSW Carlton in hyper black (looks like matte gunmetal) which should be cool on a midnight blue. I'm wondering if anyone has these or has seen them on a 300C. Lookin' at the 22x8.5 version. should be good for clearance issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Here they are in chrome. I've seen these in the silver "gunmetal" finish on a 300C as well and personally taste... didnt like it all that much.
It was on a black car though.. maybe that had something to do with it.
Saw the same ones in chrome and looked better. A classy kind of look. Also from what I learned about them, they are pretty heavy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks Kidcoastal. At the moment I'm looking into options and plan to whiddle them down based on weight, availability, price (mostly), etc. Good to know that these might be a little weighty.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Whtever you do don't go with as low profile a tire as KidCoastal.

You need a 265/35/22 tire if your running 22's.

a 30 series tire or 25 series tire is WAY to short of a sidewall. You will be denting
your rims up beyond belief. No disrespect Kid but those tires are way too skinny.

You will be buying some new wheels once you dent the hell out of those.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was going to buy them for my BB base model, but the wife had a fit. I was getting them mounted road hazard and everything for $1700. This was with toyo proxes s/t tires.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, that's the other thing that was kind of driving me to them (and TSW's in general): the price, so affordable! But I'll have to find out more about their quality and weight first. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
549 Posts
yarbie said:
Whtever you do don't go with as low profile a tire as KidCoastal.

You need a 265/35/22 tire if your running 22's.

a 30 series tire or 25 series tire is WAY to short of a sidewall. You will be denting
your rims up beyond belief. No disrespect Kid but those tires are way too skinny.

You will be buying some new wheels once you dent the hell out of those.
Actually, I have 265.35.22. He made a typo on the Shorline site. They are Pir. scorpions. I specifically told him I wouldnt roll on 30's. WAYYY too nervous driving with potholes around.
Good catch Yarbie.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i was going to get the tsw carltons but it didnt work out. all four were 22 8.5 ended up getting sq2's 22.9 in front and 22.10 in the back i love these rims because there lip is big has to be 3.5-4 inches. Im glad i didnt get the Tsw's im happy with the wheels i got now. but i must admit they look sharp on that silver 300

1 - 13 of 13 Posts