Votes: 35 53.0%
  • Sninny Minni

Votes: 3 4.5%
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a sneaking feeling that quite a few of us on here could quite easily be considered to be on the large side.
So, answer the poll and lets see the truth !

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Currently Bloater, working bloody hard (and successfully) on becoming a regular!

5'7" currently 214lbs (down from 228lbs in 6 weeks) and loosing about 2lbs a week.

Stef

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6ft 3in & 232 pounds.
down from 279 pounds

·
Registered
208 Posts
6'2" 210 pounds - down from 280 :) :)

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
5'-10" and I gave up weighing myself years ago although I vaguely remember something like 310lbs. I did the diet thing when I was younger and then came to the conclusion that I was just the way the Good Lord made me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
5' 8" 50 and phat. Likes Wine, Woman (the Mrs) +the Kids + the Kats and Waffles. Dislikes getting old and air travel.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
5'10" and 175lbs.

I used to be toned, but the missus has taken to reminding me that I ain't any more by lovingly poking me in the belly and tapping my double chin!

She's worse - 5'4" ish and about 110lbs!! Funny thing is we both eat like horses and all out friends are miffed at the fact we both have supersized burger king meals plus a double cheese burger with extra pickle and mustard everytime we go there :) (Sometimes I opt for two single cheeseburgers on top of my super sized meal for a change)

It'll all catch up tho :(

·
Registered
266 Posts
6ft 4in & 238 lbs .... if only I could get down to 210 lbs .... but there again, that would require diet and excercise :scared: .....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi All,

5ft 71/2 (Dont forget the half inch)

13 1/2 stone 85 Kilos in new money

or 189 pounds

I am presently carrying more weight than I like, I would like to be 11 stone like I was 10 years ago (33) now 43 not sure if I will ever make it back there.

Steve. (Semi Bloater)

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6ft 4in & 238 lbs .... if only I could get down to 210 lbs .... but there again, that would require diet and excercise :scared: .....
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..

It would require a slight lifestyle change, but not necessarily any exercise.

watsonfearnock said:
5'-10" and I gave up weighing myself years ago although I vaguely remember something like 310lbs. I did the diet thing when I was youger and then came to the conclusion that I was just the way the Good Lord made me.
I was exactly like you !!!! But I weighed myself on Boxing Day 2006 and it came out at 20st. I had a new baby coming in 6 weeks time and I thought to myself that if I didn't do something about my overeating 'now', there was every chance that I wouldn't get to see my children grow up into adults.

So i got my finger out and did something about it. Still a little way to go, but I'm getting there.

·
Registered
266 Posts
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..

It would require a slight lifestyle change, but not necessarily any exercise.

So i got my finger out and did something about it. Still a little way to go, but I'm getting there.

That's impressive Murph (both the reason for doing it, and actually doing it) - dropping from 20st to under 17st without any excercise sounds amazing to me....how did you do it ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I dropped 70 pounds in 12-13 months without exercise. I call it the "Dave's don't each so damn much food diet" aka Weigh****cher's. I'm 53 and decided I wanted to see my (sometime in the future) grandkids grow up. I feel MUCH better and have MUCH more energy. Good for the ET too...

-david

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's impressive Murph (both the reason for doing it, and actually doing it) - dropping from 20st to under 17st without any excercise sounds amazing to me....how did you do it ?
TBH, it wasn't any great diet gurus method I followed. I just cut down on my meal portions, ate healthier/lower fat options more often and stopped snacking.
Rather than a diet, its more of a lifestyle change.

The big thing is that you need to have a motivation to want to do it - and it has to be a bigger one than your immediate desire to carry on eating the way that you currently do.

·
Registered
60 Posts
6ft 5in about 340 up from 268 3 years ago so i have managed a steady gain. pretty impressive i must say. I got to 268 from 360 in a year so i know i can go back down when i am ready, but i love food way too much right now.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I think the difference is Paul (Murph) that you are a lot younger. When I was your age I dropped a fair old bit (about 4 stone) in weight by cutting out lunches and having some soup and a couple of Tuc biscuits and reducing the amount of potatoes with my main meal. But a more sedentary life imposed on me by a mixture of age, being around the house more to care for my wife and my own health problems with reduced mobility (back trouble) and of course stopping smoking some 14 or 15 years ago have all contributed to increasing the girth. And I do still enjoy my food although really, considering my bulk, I am not really a big eater.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the difference is Paul (Murph) that you are a lot younger. When I was your age I dropped a fair old bit (about 4 stone) in weight by cutting out lunches and having some soup and a couple of Tuc biscuits and reducing the amount of potatoes with my main meal. But a more sedentary life imposed on me by a mixture of age, being around the house more to care for my wife and my own health problems with reduced mobility (back trouble) and of course stopping smoking some 14 or 15 years ago have all contributed to increasing the girth. And I do still enjoy my food although really, considering my bulk, I am not really a big eater.
Cheers John
But thats the rub - I've not skipped any meals, stuck to soups or followed any dodgy diets, I've just done it the old way :biggrin:

But there is a big proviso to this weight loss milarkey - you have to want to do it and you need to be prepared for a long term commitment to life style change. If not, it'll come off and then go back on again.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts