Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with any other vehicle I have to see if there are any discounts available before I make my purchase. I've been thinking about getting a 300C ever since I saw hundreds of them in Hawaii while I was on my honeymoon. Well, a friend of my wife's family owns a Chrysler dealership so I stopped in to go for a test driver and see what kind of deal he can give me. The car's sticker would be $37,365 and he offered me a $1000. discount and also the $1000. discount if I finance through Chrysler Credit ($2000. off). I didn't know about all of the mark-ups until I did a search a little while ago. Are any of the dealers discounting these at all or should I grab this deal tomorrow?

The car will be a silver C with navigation, sunroof, HIDs and satellite radio.

Thanks!
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Anyone can get the 1K off for financing, but the extra 1K off MSRP is not a bad deal. Pretty much the only other deals better than MSRP are those participating in employee/employer discount programs. If you are not a program participant, than the 1K is a good deal.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Maybe the friend can get you the Employee Price or the Friends and Family price. EP is about 4.5% under invoice and F&F is 1% under. It couldn't hurt to ask.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys! Do these two offers come out of the dealer's pocket or are they "rebates" that are offered by Chrysler?

·
Registered
575 Posts
My understanding is for the EP Chrysler gives the dealer a certain amount, but on the F&F, the dealer does not receive anything from Chrysler. Maybe one of our Chyrsler dealer members can chime in and elaborate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man if you can get a car off a lot for $1000 below MSRP grab it. Many dealers are marking up $4000 - $10,000 over MSRP. If you order a car expect to wait 10 - 15 weeks or more. I've been waiting 9.5 weeks and still don't have a build date or a VIN.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to my dealer this morning. I told him that I can be flexiable with the options but the car has to have a moonroof. I'm an impatient person so I don't want to wait 3-4 months for it to come in. Doing that would have me thinking about waiting another 4 months for an SRT8.

I told him about the delays that I read about. He asked if those dealers had enough allocation to fill the orders that they are taking. That can cause a long delay. The dealer that I ordered my 2005 Corvette from is either number 1 or 2 in the country so they have allocation for over 600 Covettes. I won't have to worry about getting that one. I just have to wait for GM to start building convertibles with the options that it will have. My local GM dealer told me that they might only get 5 this year so I wouldn't see one until the Spring if I was lucky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts