Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tracked every 300C auction on Ebay and none have sold. The bidding usually stops about $3k under MSRP. They never make the reserve amount. Some of the same cars have been listed 2 and 3 times and not sold. One local dealer has had 7 300C's for weeks and another has had the same four for a couple weeks.

2 auctions for this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2476862990&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2477717208&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Magnums also. No bids on this one with 2 listings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2479160388&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2478464569&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

·
Registered
563 Posts
My dealer can't keep them on the lot for more than a couple of days (Hemi models of course).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Trust me here in Cali they are selling, sometimes they are sold before they even make it to the show room floor. People are checking in on a regular basis to see what is coming in, and then they make their move, often times they above MRSP. Well at the least the 300C models anyway.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Toronto Dealers have had existing orders for 300c's cancelled and scheduled shipments re-directed due to high demand in the US. They do not know when they will be able to place more orders.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think the problem is the people on ebay want to bid if they can get it cheaper than MSRP, so they are not willing to go all the way to the reserve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Most of those auctions want MSRP or a little over. BTW, I saw my first 300C going down the road today. And I've seen three or four regular 300's on the road in the last few weeks. But I haven't seen any Magnums in person though.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I was offered a 300 Limited for $500 over invoice at least over the phone from a Columbus dealer. All the 300C are at invoice in central Ohio. I was able to get $660 off my $34,660 price at my local dealer from a salesman I've known a few years. Because I have a 94 jeep and I placed my order b/t 4/1 and 5/3/04 I get a $1,000 owner loyalty rebate. I confirmed this with the Chrysler rebate center (first time it came up, they called me back after an hour of researching it). They now offer 1K if you finance with chrysler with possible prepayment penalties but I don't know the detalis of that. I paid full sticker for an RX8 last August and returned it to Mazda under thier buyback program following the horsepower fiasco. I loved the car but the resale was hurt and discounts began to flow once the HP story broke. Yes The local small town dealer can not keep the C on the lot! even with the economy and unemployment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've seen a handful in the Toronto area, but haven't been able to distinguish whether they have been 300Cs or the Touring/Limited models.

The Hemi badge on the side is hard to make out whilst in a passing car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 300C has a rounded headlight enclosure while the others have a rectangular one. Also the 300C has more chrome. :cool:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I can tell you that in the Calgary area they are not selling. I asked the sales manager at my dealer, what was the problem and he said that people are now conditioned to low interest, and dealer incentives and you are not getting that here in Canada.
This may be the reason that sales have been cancelled in the Toronto area so cars can be directed to the US. The top salesman at my dealership has not sold one 300, and I hear that only 2 300's have gone out the door and they were fleet, no 300C's
Another reason may be the high cost of gas, I did not ask this when I was in the dealership, but I was the only person in the place in the middle of the afternoon and all dealers are closed on Friday night.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They're selling like hotcakes at my dealer. When I bought my 300c, I met a woman ordering a hemi Magnum. They had a hemi Magnum on the lot that they were holding until 6/19 before offering it for sale, and they already had backup buyers for it. An available 6 cylinder Magnum sold shortly after I bought mine, and two or three more 300s sold later in the day. The dealer was supposed to provide a 300c for display at a local golf tournament, but they kept selling the car slated for the event and ended up sending a 300M over. All of this within a 24 hour period. I had never seen so many people coming in to look and take a test drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think they're selling out mainly due to lack of supply - not incredible demand. Let's face it, a Lincoln dealer would have shortages if he only got 3 Town Cars in a month, too!

Here in Indianapolis, There's always 1 or 2 Hemi's on the lot of the local dealership unsold. And they're renting a few 300 Limites, too. Granted, the Hemi's are gone in a few days, but he's selling them briskly at sticker. Dodge dealer has a few Magnums there for almost 2 weeks.

The sales manager insisted that Chrysler want to take serious market share away from other brands with this car, so they'll be parked two rows deep by September he says.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What are the financing rates made available by DaimlerChrysler Canada? I can't seem to find that while using the build option.

I think when the 2004 Durango came out the new 60 month rates were 7.1%, so I'm assuming they're in that area.

I guess I'll wait until the market has settled and rate options are available - that and the AWD option.

·
Registered
154 Posts
my dealer sold 12 teh week i bought mine. I personally wouldnt EVER buy a car on ebay, no matter how cheap it was, more than likely other people feel the same and would rather buy with confidence in a dealer in their town.

·
Registered
84 Posts
yqtyyz said:
I've seen a handful in the Toronto area, but haven't been able to distinguish whether they have been 300Cs or the Touring/Limited models.

The Hemi badge on the side is hard to make out whilst in a passing car.

The 300c has a few distinguishing features, IMO, the most prominent being the headlights. They have a different configuration with the projector headlights, giving them a very different look. The 300c also has bigger wheels, and like somelse already mentioned, more chrome.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
MOMO said:
The 300c has a few distinguishing features, IMO, the most prominent being the headlights. They have a different configuration with the projector headlights, giving them a very different look. The 300c also has bigger wheels, and like somelse already mentioned, more chrome.
The tail lights are also different with the C, the backup cluster is in the middle of the tail light with (I think) an amber signal bulb within that white cluster, other 300 models have the white backup light at the bottom of the tail light cluster and no apparent amber bulb.

·
Registered
29 Posts
just got my New 300c

My Finance rate is 5.99 but i just went threw Chrysler to get the 1000 bucks off. Now i might go threw my insurance company (USAA) and refinance at 5.19 but it might not be worth it only like 20 bucks off a month but i guess every little bit helps
I love it and I have to pick it up on Wednesday did all the paper work today :D Midnight blue it's a beutit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrates on the Blue C

I did the finance deal to get the 1000. rebate. The office mgr. said keep paying for six months min. then call and get the total due. No prepay penalties.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts