Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car in early 06 when dealers could not keep them in stock. They were selling as fast as they came in at high dealer mark up. I ended up paying a lot more than I should have, but I have not looked back.

I am really enjoying this car. Just recently I have been looking to buy a used Mercedes for my wife. I'm in the market to buy an 06 with about 20 to 30K miles. My SRT has 33K miles. What I have found is, my Chrysler is holding up MUCH better than the 'clean' Mercedes that I have looked at. And I've looked at a lot of them. The knobs, paint and other minor things on my Chrysler are holding up better than the Mercedes.

Moreover, I have only had my car into the dealership for a few things. One being the trans o ring and the other being the CD player got stuck. I take my car to the track all the time and run it very hard. I do take very good care of it but I do push it all the time.

So for me, I am getting what I paid for this car and more. I'm very happy, what about you? What's your story?

Moose.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
me, too

my car has consistently amazed me after 2+ years and 25000 miles. No problems at all, despite trips to the autocross lots, track days, and dozens and dozens of passes at the strip.

Absolutely one of the best I've ever owned!

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I would have to say Hell YES to that! I don't have an SRT8, just a 5.7. And I've never been to the track (hope to this spring!). My car just turned 3 years old and still turns heads whenever I drive it (they are not as common here as other areas). I've had only a couple issues (trans o-ring of course, power window regulator, and battery replaced under warranty.) I also had an issue with the A/C 'freezing up' after a long drive which the dealer flashed the computer for and hopefully fixed.

What other car offers what the 300C and 300C-SRT8 does for anywhere close to the money? And that doesn't look like every other car on the road? None I know of.

·
Registered
311 Posts
And for those of us who wanted the 300 styling without the Hemi engine, there's the Limited with a 3.5. I've had my 300 since August, 2004 and have been totally satisfied. The problems that cropped were handled expertly by my local Dodge dealership.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Couldn't be happier! :arms:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I can say ABSOLUTELY for all three LXs we have had over the past 2.5 years. No problems of significance with any of them. And plenty of smiles with every mile... some faster than others!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I, too, am completely satisfied with my "C". It doesn't get thrashed as hard as most of you do. It just got front brakes at 28K, due to my wife's habit of charging stop signs. The only issues have been the tranny o-ring and a brake pedal. Expect to keep it forever.

·
Registered
266 Posts
9 months ... 8k miles ... more smiles and compliments with every mile.

By far this is the car I've owned with the greatest pride costing lesser than couple of others I've owned. I LOVE MY 300.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Bought my car in 05 knock on wood no problems at 43,000 miles.Love this car, i take it everywhere.I am so glad i talked my wife into buying the 300.She really didnt want the 300 at first, three yrs later she falls in love with it also.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mad Happy. I am the KING of staring at my car whenever I walk by it!

After 11 months and 15 days I still do a double take when I park it and walk away.

Today I got a flat tho' and the thought of the Hummer I was gonna by crossed my mind. Off road tires rarely get flats. Why do I only get flat tires when it rains... I HATE the rain especially when it's cold.

</whining>

·
Registered
336 Posts
I LOVE my car! I have the 5.7 and thats plenty fast for me. I love the look and feel of my car. I enjoy the heck out of it. I like my commute to work. I paid sticker basically at the time they were not offering any incentives. My dealer recently did the o-ring for the tranny and did an oil change for $0. so I have had a trouble free ride since I bought it. I really enjoy this car and what I paid for it at the time is no issue. I wanted it and I bought it.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Still love my car after 2.5 years and 22k miles! No issues whatsoever, and I still go outside sometimes just to have an excuse to look at it....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great fun and no issues other then the o-ring. My car sees alot of track time and messing around on the streets. drives like the day i bought it.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Are You Getting What You Paid For With Your 300????

Yes, and then some! Financially, I will never recoup what I originally paid for my 300c (think 2004!) nor from the money I have spent on mods/upgrades (depreciation-wise).

However, I consider myself paid in full when it comes to style, safety, smiles, speed, compliments, LX forums and clubs, Spring Fling/Festivals, help, prayers, support, fun, lasting forumships and personal friendships, humor, and I could go on and on.........
:grouphug:

bruno

*****Good thread, Moose! :fing02:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Absolutely satisfied! I had a 2006 300C loaded and traded it in for my 2008 300C SRT8 loaded. I have had no troubles at all with either car. The SRT8 is a bomb to drive. I LOVE IT!!! THANKS CHRYSLER!!!!! Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
408 Posts
On my second LX and its better than my first one which I dearly loved. I am just wondering how the next one can be as good as my first two? I heard some of the car reporters are knocking the interior, but to my taste I like it just the way it is. I hope they don't "improve" it, and screw it up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts