Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly SRT61 was violated. We got Liberaced yesterday. You all know how infrequently she gets let out of the garage and this goes and happens.

I was sitting at a red light for maybe 30 seconds and bang, a truck hits me in the back. The bullbar has blemished both sides of the bumper. The driver of questionable parentage gets out, takes a look and says "oh, no damage". I can tell you it took a lot of restraint not to ..............:rocketwho

So now the inconvenience of getting quotes and the logistics of drop-off & pick-up plus the risk of further abuse in the hands of a repairer. :12:

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Oh no John! Sorry to hear that, especially after all the hassles you've gone through. The damage is behind the fascia, not to mention your park assist sensors which don't take a hit real well. How's your trunk closing?

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Sorry to read this! Good luck with the repairs and the recovery! Hopefully the other guy will get what's coming to him through citations and insurance rates!

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Bad luck John, thats a bummer.

Goofytiml, we don't have any fines or citations for MVA's here. Only if someone is seriously hurt. Bigger bummer.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune John!

"Oh, No damange" .... I applaud you on your restraint. Hope you get it fixed with the minimum of hassle!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate. Sometimes it's not so much the damage but the other person's attitude that p1sses you off. In fact, it's their careless attitude that causes the accident in the first place.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Big time bummer, mate. Sorry to hear that, ouch! Good luck getting her back to normal.

Moose.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments. To my untrained eye the damage seems very minor and Bernie, nowhere need big enough impact to touch the boot lid. If all goes to plan I should get out to AIR22's shop for an inspection and quote this arvo.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Sorry to hear this Hemi57! I know how protective you are of the SRT and now what happened today just confrmed your concern. Then again, I don't want you to keep her locked away.

Make sure you get a quality body shop to analyze the damages and do work that meets your standards. I know! I just picked up my C earlier this evening from the body shop for something I didn't do.

Take a deep breath and know it will all be okay.
bruno

·
Registered
750 Posts
This sounds exactly like when i got rear ended, bloke got out and goes oh no damage, i said look closer mate so he crouched down and goes oh yeah i see oh well it's not all that bad......$4500 later I wonder if he thought it wasn't much damage?

Must be human nature to say 'no damage'.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sorry to hear your tale of woe John, I'll be popping into Troys for him to look at damage to SRT4ME soon!.

Must be that time of the year!.

·
Registered
916 Posts
HI John, you know how sorry I am to hear that, I know the pain and the hassle. Hope you and Paula are fine, please tell her hello for me. Wonder if he will be saying no damage when his insurance rates go up.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sad news John. Hope SRT61 is fixed good as new soon.
Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyy! u have insurance :rolleyes:
That's one less hassle.

Cheers

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sorry to hear about your little incident. The hassle in now getting it fixed.I had to have the rear bumper replaced after a small car park incident a while ago elderly lady in small car takes on 300c parked. $1500 later all fixed.
Insurance can't do with out it.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone.

The latest in the saga is, great advice from Troy. The perpetrator's son rang me and said "send the quotes to him and they would pay cash to avoid claiming on insurance". Troy pointed out that Panel Shops do not provide "Quotes" these days but "Estimates" which are subject to additional costs once the vehicle is dismantled and if other hidden damage is discovered. A common occurrence on new vehicles. If you accept a cash payment from the perpetrator and more damage and cost is discovered, good luck getting that out of them. Use your insurance company for what you pay them for, to manage these situations.

Highest quote so far is $1867, and the damage looks to be only superficial to my untrained eye.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts