Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any overseas interest in an armored SRT-8? I have a Silver SRT-8 allocated that I'd like to possibly armor and add some performance mods. I feel that the capabilities of this car would make an excellent candidate for the type of passenger sedan that is being used for exceutive and dignitary protection around the world. In fact, I think its much better suited than the high end BMWs and Mercedes that are presenly the vehicle of choice for VIPs. I would like to turn this thing into a virtual "supercar" that would offer an unprecedented level of evasive capability. I know that the appreciation for this type of vehicle is much more prevalent in other parts of the world. So if anyone can offer any feedback or suggestions, please post a response. I'd hate to have to sell this car to some schmuck whos just gonna go cruise his local strip.

·
Registered
120 Posts
JFaulkner said:
Is there any overseas interest in an armored SRT-8? I have a Silver SRT-8 allocated that I'd like to possibly armor and add some performance mods. I feel that the capabilities of this car would make an excellent candidate for the type of passenger sedan that is being used for exceutive and dignitary protection around the world. In fact, I think its much better suited than the high end BMWs and Mercedes that are presenly the vehicle of choice for VIPs. I would like to turn this thing into a virtual "supercar" that would offer an unprecedented level of evasive capability. I know that the appreciation for this type of vehicle is much more prevalent in other parts of the world. So if anyone can offer any feedback or suggestions, please post a response. I'd hate to have to sell this car to some schmuck whos just gonna go cruise his local strip.
Ever heard of an F&N Herstal? It's made in Belguim and it shoots 5.7x28mm full metal jacket, armor piercing bullets. Go ahead and armor your car, make sure you tell the person who buys it that I can shoot them whenever I want, so they might want to stay away from local strips.

·
Registered
85 Posts
LB44 said:
Ever heard of an F&N Herstal? It's made in Belguim and it shoots 5.7x28mm full metal jacket, armor piercing bullets. Go ahead and armor your car, make sure you tell the person who buys it that I can shoot them whenever I want, so they might want to stay away from local strips.
No offense, but FN Herstal is a COMPANY, not a weapon. Fabrique National, Belgium, makers of the FN FAL, aka the right arm of the free world.

You're thinking of the FN Five-SeveN pistol, and the P90 carbine, both shooting the new ammo you reference.

The ammo will easily penetrate soft body armor, but WILL NOT penetrate steel armor plate, ceramic armor, or other material that will stop a standard NATO SS109 enhanced penetrator round for the M16 family of weapons.

Sorry to deflate your scenario, but weapons are kind of my thing.

·
Registered
214 Posts
"...the FN Five-SeveN pistol, and the P90 carbine, both shooting the new ammo you reference..."

Oh great. Another mod I didn't know I needed until now. Group buy anyone? LOL

·
Registered
332 Posts
HAHA,
I am laughing my ass off on this one lol.

Thanks for making me laugh on the group buy joke lol.
:nutkick: :biggrin:

·
Registered
214 Posts
:AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
A Day Late and a Dollar Short?

JFaulkner, there are some schmuks up in Canada who thought of this idea . . . maybe 5 minutes before you.

They have a 35,000 sq ft manufacturing plant in Toronto as well as facilities in the U.A.E. and Baghdad, Iraq.

These guys can set you STREIT.

Here's a link: WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SCENES OF VIOLENCE

·
Registered
120 Posts
CITADELGRAD87 said:
No offense, but FN Herstal is a COMPANY, not a weapon. Fabrique National, Belgium, makers of the FN FAL, aka the right arm of the free world.

You're thinking of the FN Five-SeveN pistol, and the P90 carbine, both shooting the new ammo you reference.

The ammo will easily penetrate soft body armor, but WILL NOT penetrate steel armor plate, ceramic armor, or other material that will stop a standard NATO SS109 enhanced penetrator round for the M16 family of weapons.

Sorry to deflate your scenario, but weapons are kind of my thing.
Citadel,
You failed to see the humor in my statement, the point was that I am a schmuck that cruises local strips in his SRT8. If I had said "Ever heard of a Smith & Wesson", would you have told me that Smith & Wesson is not a weapon, it's a COMPANY? And then you probably would have reeled off a bunch of 2345677natonjhb7866343324t6u7nato bullsh*t. Every once in a while people who don't have your precise military training, refer to weapons by the maker not the model. You should be very proud of yourself, however, there are no weapons forums on this website. At least I got the ammo correct, let me know when you are out wearing your "SOFT BODY ARMOR"!

·
Registered
120 Posts
djjasond said:
"...the FN Five-SeveN pistol, and the P90 carbine, both shooting the new ammo you reference..."

Oh great. Another mod I didn't know I needed until now. Group buy anyone? LOL
Jason,
Can't stop laughing! :biggrin:

·
Registered
85 Posts
LB44 said:
Citadel,
You failed to see the humor in my statement, the point was that I am a schmuck that cruises local strips in his SRT8. If I had said "Ever heard of a Smith & Wesson", would you have told me that Smith & Wesson is not a weapon, it's a COMPANY? And then you probably would have reeled off a bunch of 2345677natonjhb7866343324t6u7nato bullsh*t. Every once in a while people who don't have your precise military training, refer to weapons by the maker not the model. You should be very proud of yourself, however, there are no weapons forums on this website. At least I got the ammo correct, let me know when you are out wearing your "SOFT BODY ARMOR"!
If I failed to see the humor, maybe you should look within yourself.

I like clarity and precision, I didn't do it to "be proud of [my]self." You stated that a certain weapon could function in a certain way, and I corrected you. If that makes me the bad guy, so be it.

This obviously upset you, which was not my intent.

BTW, your last line is you second veiled threat in this thread. It doesn't particularly bother me, but you should be more careful what you post in public forums. You may claim that I failed to see the humor in that, too. Maybe because it's not funny.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Just wear this every time you drive, it's cheaper and great for the "bling bling" factor the 300 represents:

·
Registered
120 Posts
vvv90 said:
Just wear this every time you drive, it's cheaper and great for the "bling bling" factor the 300 represents:

vvv90,
Love it! :biggrin:

·
Registered
750 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts