Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on a website some of you may be familiar with already called shopHEMI.com. I priced out the 6.1L HEMI 426 at 17k. This engine comes with 585 HP with 560 Ft-lbs. of Torque, a 30 % Increase in Torque and Power over the stock 6.1 HEMI at 160 mph. Now my question is that would it be cheaper to buy all the bolt on mods for the stock engine and get that kind of power out of it(which is very possible with forced induction), or would it be aroud the same price to just buy the Arrington 426 HEMI for 17k? If the prices are close then you might as well just buy the motor, or at least that's what I'd say, but I don't know how much it would cost to get that kind of power out of the stock SRT 8 with the 392. Let me know what you all think. Thanks...:fing02::thumbsdow

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
You would need to know exactly what parts are going into the engine before you can compare prices.

Power Ported Performance is also a sight supporter/vender, run it by them.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The stock SRT does not have a 392. The 6.1 is around 373 cubic inches. I have an Arrington 392 block with PPP cam and heads in my 300c, and this engine is a work of art!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You would need to know exactly what parts are going into the engine before you can compare prices.

Power Ported Performance is also a sight supporter/vender, run it by them.
I just wanted to know if I added every bolt on possible except forced induction, could I get that power for a better price out of the stock 373cu SRT 8 engine block.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ported heads +40 hp
Good cam +30 hp
Ported intake +20 hp
90mm Throttle body +10hp
Headers, Midpipe and Catback +30 hp
Nitrous Oxide +50 to +150 hp
Diablo Preditor with custom tune required.
1000 HP axles
High stall converter 2800 to 3200
Nitto Drag tires. 305/35R20

Radshop

·
Registered
903 Posts
If you get the 426 you'll probably have a much more reliable motor to make that kind of power. To get 585 hp out of a 6.1 you'd have to go with NOS, which is considered forced induction. A cam, heads, exhaust and all the other bolt ons will only get you to maybe 450 rwhp if done/tuned right. You could probably get to the 585 with heads, cam, all the bolt ons and a supercharger for around 10k, but its not going to last as long. You could always go with a nice forged 392 and supercharge that. Probably looking around the 17k range and you could have the potential for 700 rwhp. I've heard the 426 isn't the best choice to supercharge, needs to be bored too thin.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you get the 426 you'll probably have a much more reliable motor to make that kind of power. To get 585 hp out of a 6.1 you'd have to go with NOS, which is considered forced induction. A cam, heads, exhaust and all the other bolt ons will only get you to maybe 450 rwhp if done/tuned right. You could probably get to the 585 with heads, cam, all the bolt ons and a supercharger for around 10k, but its not going to last as long. You could always go with a nice forged 392 and supercharge that. Probably looking around the 17k range and you could have the potential for 700 rwhp. I've heard the 426 isn't the best choice to supercharge, needs to be bored too thin.
Thanks. I don't want any forced induction. I like it all N/A.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You can do a really nice 426 (actually 423 or 420ci) setup for about 12k. I think!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Theres no resplacement for displacement!

Anybody paying $17k for a stroker is getting it up the a$$!!! $8-12k at most!!!

Heads/cam/intake manifold/throttle body/diablo cmr/pulley/exhaust/headers/CAI= $7k approx= 480rwhp=550 crank

·
Registered
308 Posts
Agree with the first part

Theres no resplacement for displacement!

Anybody paying $17k for a stroker is getting it up the a$$!!! $8-12k at most!!!

Heads/cam/intake manifold/throttle body/diablo cmr/pulley/exhaust/headers/CAI= $7k approx= 480rwhp=550 crank
I agree with the first part. My 426 was around 12k with half shafts included out the door and tuned.

As far as the 480rwhp with heads, cam, cai, headers, exhaust and cmr that depends on the dyno you are on.I have seen some around there and some around 450rwhp if they go on the (superflow) or (Mustang) dyno like they used with my car.

But yes you are taking a nice plunge job paying 17k for a stroker...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree with the first part. My 426 was around 12k with half shafts included out the door and tuned.

As far as the 480rwhp with heads, cam, cai, headers, exhaust and cmr that depends on the dyno you are on.I have seen some around there and some around 450rwhp if they go on the (superflow) or (Mustang) dyno like they used with my car.

But yes you are taking a nice plunge job paying 17k for a stroker...
Where did you get your work done? How much power is your car making (to the wheels) with the 426? Any driveability issues?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nevermind... found it via search.

I assume you're still very happy with the setup?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes very streetable and it will make the magical 500 plus HP on a dynojet if I ever feel the need to put it on one.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
this is just me, but i would die before i paid 17K for an engine. Is that even installed and tuned?

·
Registered
308 Posts
You should not need to pay anywhere near 17k for a 426 setup...

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
You could probably get to the 585 with heads, cam, all the bolt ons and a supercharger for around 10k, but its not going to last as long.

Pretty much the route that I'm considering. Already have all of those upgrades along with a ProTorque converter. Everything is fine but... I always want more! May add a Vortech supercharger and then if anything happens, I'll stroke it. Hum... that didn't sound right :)

Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts