Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to thank all the people for the help on my last post. I found two sets of wheels. They are both two piece wheels.

1. Asanti mf131- weight 34 Lbs
2. Asanti mf134- weight 30 Lbs
Both wheels are 22x9.5 front and 22x10.5 rear with 5x115 bolt pattern and a 15 offset.
Does 4 pounds make a difference. Do you think I could find any 22 inch wheels much lighter.

buy the wheels this afternoon.

·
Registered
196 Posts
lsc1 said:
First I would like to thank all the people for the help on my last post. I found two sets of wheels. They are both two piece wheels.

1. Asanti mf131- weight 34 Lbs
2. Asanti mf134- weight 30 Lbs
Both wheels are 22x9.5 front and 22x10.5 rear with 5x115 bolt pattern and a 15 offset.
Does 4 pounds make a difference. Do you think I could find any 22 inch wheels much lighter.

buy the wheels this afternoon.
I don't know if you are still around the forum, but I'm curious where you got the weight of these wheels? I called Discount Tire and they told me 38-40 lbs per wheel. Then I called Superbuytires and they called Asanti and then called me back w/ 45lbs per wheel.

At 40 lbs, I was going to spend the extra $$$, but at 45lbs, I might as well save $1500 and get the TIS at 48lbs....

Anyone have any info on these 2 piece Asantis?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would like to know as well. I bought my Ace Alloys and a vendor at the LX forum. They claimed they weighed 31 pounds. I was very excited to get 22's that weighted 31 pounds. However when I received them I knew something was wrong so we weighted the wheels at my business and they weighted 47 pounds, WTF.
:twak:
I e-mailed the vendor and they claimed their site said " 31 pounds subject to finish" and that weight was for paint, It did not say that at the time and they did change their site after the fact to say 31 pounds subject to finish,
:bs2:.
I had taken a picture of their site prior to this and it did not say that, besides I checked with a plating company and they said the added weight would be only a pound or two per wheel. I sent them the information and left a little note in about all of the information I had. I also put on my reply member of the 300C forum and LX forum. They changed their tune real quick and said they would pay the return freight. I decided to keep them for now until I find smoothing else lighter. After I told them I would keep them they gave me a $50.00 in store credit with an invoice number and told me they would get me any wheel I wanted at their cost!

Sometimes to have to use all the leverage you can to get what is rightfully yours!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The wieght of the wheel determined by the finish BS. You mean to tell me that there's 15 lbs difference in chrome vs. paint, talk about BS.

The best way to resolve this is call the manufacture direct. Most vendors have no clue and if you call the larger ones all they are intetested in is the sale, they have no clue. That's why when you click on their site they offer a 100 wheels to fit the 300 and in reality only about 8 fit the car proporly.

I would cay that those wheels are more in teh 31-35 lb range.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Flossin22s said:
i highly doubt that 15lbs really matter when ur pushing 345 horsepower
I'm thinkin' that they are more worried about the braking ability of the car due to unsprung weight of heavier than stock wheels.

Some folks don't wanna pay the price for a big brake kit to go with those nice large and heavy wheels.

·
Registered
196 Posts
fatchance said:
I would cay that those wheels are more in teh 31-35 lb range.
If either of these companies quoted me 31-35lbs, I'd be pretty comfortable spending the money. But the guy at superbuytires told me that he called Asanti and they told him 45lbs.

Does anyone have any experience w/ Asantis 2-piece line?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts