Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does it take to build a 300 once they start? I thought it was something like 36 hours. After talking to DCM to day, here is my timetable scenario:

Ordered 4/12
D1 - 7/23
E - 8/4

So today I am in E status (frame) - but they tell me the scheduled ship date is 8/14. This obviously is much more than the 36 (or so) hours I thought it took. Does 10 days start to finish sound right? Thanks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
No, it's about 3 days. Maybe that's when it's estimated to be at your dealer. Mine was in Frame on July 12th and was completed July14th. It arrived to my dealer on July 27th. I'm in Florida, so it was a long train ride.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I would bet that they stack a few of them up before shipping out. Probably to group ones from nearby regions for rail shipping.

·
Registered
94 Posts
still waiting on mine...my car has been in BX since June 21st...they said it has to do with my dealerships allocations....someone please explain...

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Use the option at the top of the screen to search on the word "allocation". There are multiple threads that cover it quite a bit.

Basically, it means that your dealership is not getting any cars. They haven't sold enough previously to warrant getting more. Dealerships are given an allocation based on historical sales. You might be better off putting your order in at another dealership.

That's really a crappy deal for you. Ask you dealership about their allocation and see what they say.

·
Registered
55 Posts
22sOnThe300C said:
still waiting on mine...my car has been in BX since June 21st...they said it has to do with my dealerships allocations....someone please explain...
I keep getting the same line from them. I asked them who would know when it might get out of BX. They told me that my dealer would know.

So I call the dealer. They don't have any idea and that Chrysler should be able to tell me. My dealer says that Chrysler is wrong when they say that the dealer will know when it will be scheduled. Could anyone please help?? :confused:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Dealer allocations - the dealers get so many cars per month. The higher volume dealers get more vehicles to sell. If a dealer only sold x many cars last year they y number this year. If they sold 2x many cars last year they will get 2y cars to sell this year. I beleive the 300 allocations are based on the number of 300M cars sold last year. At least this is my simplistic understanding of the situation.

·
Registered
94 Posts
that sucks bad...i want my car...i am going to call the dealership tomorrow and see what is up...and see if they can hook me up with some kind of free stuff...hahaha

andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts