Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we have finally made arrangements for our first ever meeting in Scotland. – Sunday 4th May and the venue is New Lanark which is around 35 miles south-east of Glasgow. The date has been chosen to coincide with the early May Bank Holiday to encourage as many of you as possible to come along and the venue picked for easy access from as far south as Land’s End and as far north as John O’Groats. New Lanark is a World Heritage Site – a mill founded by David Dale in 1786 but in due course sold on to his son-in-law Robert Owen a philanthropic industrialist (try saying that after a few!!).. The mills are sited on the banks of the River Clyde adjacent to the Falls of Clyde and have been beautifully restored. See http://www.newlanark.org/ for full details of the venue. We are proposing that while arrival time is up to yourself (ideally between 10.0am and 11.0am) we all get together for lunch at 12.30pm in the New Lanark Mill Hotel dining room. On Sundays, lunch takes the form of a carvery meal with two courses costing £12.50 and three courses coming in at £14.50. Obviously if you don’t want to have lunch in the dining room you can come along for the cars which we will have parked up as a display and you can feel free to have a picnic lunch or the New Lanark Mill Hotel serves pub lunches in their bar.
What we would like you to do is to post on here if you intend coming along and let us know whether you are bringing passengers and obviously numbers involved. But ………. we also want you to phone the New Lanark Mill Hotel on 01555 667200 and book in your own numbers for lunch. You must however tell them that you wish to be seated with the rest of us at the Chrysler table. Full details of the hotel can be viewed at http://www.newlanarkhotel.co.uk/
Accommodation is of course available at the hotel and they also have available Self Catering “Waterhouses” and in fact there is even a luxury Youth Hostel if you are that way inclined. There are also many B & B’s in Lanark itself and the surrounding area. New Lanark is readily accessed from the M74, the M8 and the Peebles/Selkirk area via the A72/A721.
So very much a come as you wish affair. Organisation will be kept to the minimum as will restrictions – in fact there are none – as they used to say in the good old Dennis Wheatley books “Do what thou wilt be the whole of the rule”. I look forward to seeing you there!!
Cheers John

·
Registered
650 Posts
Come On Everybody !!!!!!!!

Let me be first to reply John and say I will be there with my son, and thanks very much for putting time and effort into arranging it.

Come on everybody else at least respond !!!!!!

Cheers

Stig
:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes, well done John for arranging it .... I'm afraid I can't make it this time as we are already booked to go away that weekend (Spain – and I can't see me surviving the conversation if I told my wife I was cancelling it!)....however, hope everyone who does get to New Lanark has a great time....cheers. John W

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi John and Stig

have booked will bring Wife and Son. See you there at 1200 Hrs or there abouts.

Atb Gizmo

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
nice one John

Sadly, I won't be able to attend as I'm on a touring holiday of Nevada, Arizona and California when you're having the meetup.

good luck folks and have a great time.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hi John, Thanks for the invite, but myself and the Micra will be unable to attend. I have yet another stagger which looks set to be on that weekend. If my plans change then I may well turn up after a nice long 988cc 4th gear only drive :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'll see you all there. I've only ever seen about half a dozen 300C's in my life.
G.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Murphy, make sure they give you a decent car. I booked an "upgrade to 4wd" for a USA skiing holiday once and they tried to give me a Suzuki Vitara. My friend noticed just in time and we took a Ford Expedition instead.
G.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Murphy, make sure they give you a decent car. I booked an "upgrade to 4wd" for a USA skiing holiday once and they tried to give me a Suzuki Vitara. My friend noticed just in time and we took a Ford Expedition instead.
G.
I've booked a luxury class vehicle (mid range 300), so i should be OK. On my travels, I prefer luxury over ruggedness, so if I get a Lincoln TownCar, Cadillac DTC, 300 ETC ETC, I'll be a happy bunny. Of course, if its a 300C, I'll be VERY happy.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We seem to be getting a fair number of positive responses. Shame about MTC and John W not forgetting Propus. However we need more folk than four plus myself there - so come along lads - you know you will enjoy it. Everything is laid on for you and it really is a beautiful spot with loads to do.
Cheers John

·
Registered
623 Posts
Will check with er' indoors and let you know. Would be a great excuse for a weekend away and the wee man will love it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Why no response from Derek?

Stig
:)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'll be there - probably plus Mrs Just.

Look forward to it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sorry just re-emeging from a Nightmare in employment-land. I would expect to be at the meeting guys but sadly cannot say for defo for a couple of weeks until the mushroom cloud dissipates, the zombies have eaten their fill and I find a suitable V8:lick: to drive round deserted corridor's in whiler avoiding angry hamsters and gerbils,,,,,,

:biggrin:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello everybody,
I've booked now.
I'm saving up now for the petrol to get there.
G.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Greenheugh, LPG is the answer, it makes our Hemi's seem economical compared to those CRD thingies, lol.

I'll be there as well John. Not booking anything yet though, as it clashes with a big boat parts jumble in Irvine - my plan is to be in Irvine early-doors then head across.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Brian,
God but you are going to have one busy weekend - caravaning at Lochearnhead then boat jumble at Irvine (I take it you know my old friend Anne McCook who does a lot of the auto/boat jumbles throughout Scotland) then into our meeting. We can discuss whether you will make it for lunch nearer the time (or check back over the weights/heights posting and find a skinny and see if he will keep you a doggy-bag. We'll get it sorted out though and there are pub lunches or even a snack up at the Woollen Mill cafeteria if need be - I don't think you will starve. :)
Cheers John

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah, great plan ...
wait a minute.. Schotland as in Europe .. hmmm, just a tad bit too far away.:pat:

Have fun, hope for one similar here in Perth sometime :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts