Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone
This is a slightly angry Rant but its just a word of warning for others in melbourne
I wont say the exact name of this place
but its a hand car wash... located in mentone... that is also a used car yard
on the corner of nepean hwy...

i took my work car * 2008 triton Glx-r* to be washed, had the full deluxe wash done (@$45)
the car came out and was still dirty, they didnt even clean the windows and the wheels, and i asked them to clean the dirt off and they were really reluctant to do it... so they went over the car and just wiped it lightly and the dirt was still there, i had to physically go and point out the parts that were dirty, and they werent small areas they were probly the size of A4 paper...the manager came out and tried to tell me that the boys are tired and that he apologizes ( tired at 10am monday morning>!?!!?)
anyway after an hour of them going over the car i said just leave it and i left, the car still had dirt on it to which i went down to the carwash and finished it off manually!!!

[/rant]

Moral of the story if you want a car washed properly do it yourself

·
Registered
174 Posts
I hear ya. When I took my car for it's for wash at one of those places I got it back with very light scratches (spider webs) all over the car. These idiots employ monkeys with no concept of car care and give them sub standard materials to do the job with. I hate these places. :rocketwho

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Yup :yup:, don't trust anyone to clean your pride and joy is good advice.

I guess if you are really desperate to get someone to hand wash, go to Kittens on the corner of Warrigal & North Roads. I bet they do a crap job but at least you get to see the floor show. :nono:

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Couldn't let anyone else touch my car let alone wash it. Do it yourself I say, but thanks for the heads up anyway.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So for those of you who do wash your cars yourselves, where do you wash them? I take it you have rain tanks?

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
So for those of you who do wash your cars yourselves, where do you wash them? I take it you have rain tanks?
Bucket and sponge at car lovers before polishing it again. Pain in the butt, however the water at car lovers leaves some marks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bucket and sponge at car lovers before polishing it again. Pain in the butt, however the water at car lovers leaves some marks.
I used to do that until they put up the "No Bucket Washing" signs. I might have to go there real late when they can't accuse me of keeping anyone waiting.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
They seem to only have attendants there between 9am and 5pm, and only vary rarely. I have been told a couple of times no buckets to be used and I have responded by saying that if they had brushes that did not damage paint work then I wouldn't use a bucket and sponge. They then just tell you to do it quick which I do anyway.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Howdy everyone
This is a slightly angry Rant but its just a word of warning for others in melbourne
I wont say the exact name of this place
but its a hand car wash... located in mentone... that is also a used car yard
on the corner of nepean hwy...

i took my work car * 2008 triton Glx-r* to be washed, had the full deluxe wash done (@$45)
the car came out and was still dirty, they didnt even clean the windows and the wheels, and i asked them to clean the dirt off and they were really reluctant to do it... so they went over the car and just wiped it lightly and the dirt was still there, i had to physically go and point out the parts that were dirty, and they werent small areas they were probly the size of A4 paper...the manager came out and tried to tell me that the boys are tired and that he apologizes ( tired at 10am monday morning>!?!!?)
anyway after an hour of them going over the car i said just leave it and i left, the car still had dirt on it to which i went down to the carwash and finished it off manually!!!

[/rant]

:biggrin: May b jacky u should try the watershed up the rd (nepean hwy) brighton ,i"ve been and have found them 2 b OK, i have no choice ,as time i do not have 2 clean car myself. cheers vince

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yup :yup:, don't trust anyone to clean your pride and joy is good advice.

I guess if you are really desperate to get someone to hand wash, go to Kittens on the corner of Warrigal & North Roads. I bet they do a crap job but at least you get to see the floor show. :nono:
Yep go to kittens as the punishment you can give them makes it all ok. ..lol:biggrin:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:biggrin: May b jacky u should try the watershed up the rd (nepean hwy) brighton ,i"ve been and have found them 2 b OK, i have no choice ,as time i do not have 2 clean car myself. cheers vince

I usually go to Clearwater, they are great
but i had to get the car washed near to work as i had to take some clients comin in later that day

But for everyone
that carwash......... (which name is the byproduct or soap and water... otherwise known as soap bubbles 4letter word)

staayyy awayyy!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
well i get mine washed for free at my friends car wash... which is like full in out under blaa blaa blaa wash and its really good + free coffee who could ever complaint haha.... well a lil bit of breaking news my own car wash will be opening soonish so as a promotion thing im doing 1st 2days ill probably do free washing and who ever becomes a member either gets a %10 discount or 5th wash free.... still working on it tho haha....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
go to Kittens on the corner of Warrigal & North Roads. I bet they do a crap job but at least you get to see the floor show. :nono:

i live 2 streets down from there ;)

I never take my bmw to those hand washes this was the work car so not fussed about small marks... just not happy about bad service
also if you want somewher GOOD to take your car

go see Damien @ Final inspection in brunswick
He always washes my car and he is fanatical about clean with no scratches he is an utter genius!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I have a couple of 20 litre buckets which I progressively fill during the week from the cold water run-off in the shower and sink. It is surprising how much water you get when you are waiting for the hot to come through. I also accumulate a few 9 litre buckets full too.

My Gernie draws water from a bucket so I manage to do a good job right in my own driveway.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Speaking of kittens, about 2yrs ago i was out on the drink with a friend on a friday night, it was late and i'd only just moved into the bentleigh area and didn't know anything about kittens. I told the cab driver to go down glen eira or glenhuntly rd whatever it's called and suddenly we saw this niteclub with purple lights outside, so i said pull up cabby we're getting out here. In we went and i got the fright of my life, but we stayed for about 2hrs though. :)
When i woke up the next day i told my missus i went to this bar called kittens and it was a strip joint, she was pretty understanding and just laughed.
Joint's an absolute dive!

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have a couple of 20 litre buckets which I progressively fill during the week from the cold water run-off in the shower and sink. It is surprising how much water you get when you are waiting for the hot to come through. I also accumulate a few 9 litre buckets full too.

My Gernie draws water from a bucket so I manage to do a good job right in my own driveway.
I do the same 50 odd litres does the job heres an link discussed a while back..Cheers Frank

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/australia-forum/28816-stage-3-water-restrictions-5.html#post355337

1 - 20 of 30 Posts