Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics of the work done this weekend. A buddy of mine made a sweet fiberglass enclosure (we actually made urethane molds so if anyone wants one let me know), along with a matching amp rack. I wrapped them in vinyl and some faux ostrich. The entire trunk area was dynamatted (makes a huge difference, the Magnaflow exhaust is quiter now from inside the car). Then he installed the sub control in a nice spot where it can be tucked away when not needed (I don't smoke), also was able to use some of the left over wood kit that I did not use. I think it turned out pretty sweet and finally found a place for the 300C emblem I took off the trunk the day I got the car. The trunk is still fully functional, access to the spare and battery, etc. The equipment is all AutoTek. Comments are welcome.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Looks very nice! Is that a 12-inch sub? How powerful is your amp? Is it strong enough, or do you wish you had more?

Nice hide on the sub control!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Great install, must sound awesome! Unrelated, I was wondering about the trunk emblem, I would love to lose mine too! But I was worried it had pins and holes in the trunk lid. Is it just stuck on? Hard to remove? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Have you had a chance to test the maraca rattle capabilities of the rear center seatbelt tensioner yet? ;)

I also have dynamatted the entire truck/decklid, and have isolated rattles to the middle seat belt tensioner. I am considering removing it completely as I rarely have 5 passengers. Either that or packing it with grease. If you have trouble finding rattles eventually, that is the first place to take a look.

Nice install!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Aspendog - looks really good. Question (since I am not really in the know) what does the " urethane molds - if any one needs one" comment mean? I do want to put a mini system in there will this mold create a similar type of box like the one u have with the 300C emblem on it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Projekt 300C said:
Aspendog - looks really good. Question (since I am not really in the know) what does the " urethane molds - if any one needs one" comment mean? I do want to put a mini system in there will this mold create a similar type of box like the one u have with the 300C emblem on it?
The mold was made of the sub enclosure only, behind the amp rack is somewhat a void. It allows one to reproduce the box again in less time. It would be used to spray fiberglass in to recreate the back of the box. My guy is putting together some #'s if anyone is interested.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LuvaLavaRed1 said:
Great install, must sound awesome! Unrelated, I was wondering about the trunk emblem, I would love to lose mine too! But I was worried it had pins and holes in the trunk lid. Is it just stuck on? Hard to remove? Thanks!
No pins or anything. Just use some fishing line (to "saw" behind the emblem)and adhesive remover to clean up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DJJT said:
Looks very nice! Is that a 12-inch sub? How powerful is your amp? Is it strong enough, or do you wish you had more?

Nice hide on the sub control!
12" dual voice coil MX series in a sealed 1 cubic ft enclosure. 1000w class D amp, it is great for what I wanted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
I would think you will have a bit of interest aspendog. I am definately interested! Please post $$'s or send me a pm with cost when you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Awesome system, have you thought of a sub grille to protect it from an errant suitcase :eek: I am going to finally get the FatMat sound proofer for the decklid
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
II kings 9:20 said:
Awesome system, have you thought of a sub grille to protect it from an errant suitcase :eek: I am going to finally get the FatMat sound proofer for the decklid
Yes, I am torn because I personally think they do not look very good and if the speaker was to protrude any more the floor would not be able to lift up. I may think of something but in the meantime I will be careful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Thanks Aspendog! My trunk emblem is coming off today! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
aspendog said:
Yes, I am torn because I personally think they do not look very good and if the speaker was to protrude any more the floor would not be able to lift up. I may think of something but in the meantime I will be careful.
If you go with a tasteful spkr cover (mathching your grille) you could notch the floor panel to clear it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Excellent Job - One Question

aspendog said:
Here are a few pics of the work done this weekend. A buddy of mine made a sweet fiberglass enclosure (we actually made urethane molds so if anyone wants one let me know), along with a matching amp rack. I wrapped them in vinyl and some faux ostrich. The entire trunk area was dynamatted (makes a huge difference, the Magnaflow exhaust is quiter now from inside the car). Then he installed the sub control in a nice spot where it can be tucked away when not needed (I don't smoke), also was able to use some of the left over wood kit that I did not use. I think it turned out pretty sweet and finally found a place for the 300C emblem I took off the trunk the day I got the car. The trunk is still fully functional, access to the spare and battery, etc. The equipment is all AutoTek. Comments are welcome.

Where did you purchase your dynamatte?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kstone said:
Where did you purchase your dynamatte?
Any good car audio shop will have it, if you want it in bulk try to find a local distributor. Unfortunatly it is not cheap even with a discount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
In another thread rogue talked about Fatmat available online, reasonably priced. I am going to go with this in the spring. Aspen. did yoy dynamat the doors too?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
II kings 9:20 said:
In another thread rogue talked about Fatmat available online, reasonably priced. I am going to go with this in the spring. Aspen. did yoy dynamat the doors too?
Not yet, when I get around to developing the arm rests for them I will be dynamatting them. They really need it. Hopefully in a week or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
In another thread rogue talked about Fatmat available online, reasonably priced. I am going to go with this in the spring. Aspen. did yoy dynamat the doors too?
I own a couple of car audio stores in Daytona Beach and I can tell you...Buy either Dynamat Extreme or Stinger Roadkill. We have tried 'em all and in the end it's worth it.
Dynamat Extreme is easy to apply and WILL NOT FALL OFF!

The others do...that's why they are cheap.

All I will put is Dynamat Extreme in my 300C.

www.audiobywes.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
wesexcellence said:
The others do...that's why they are cheap.

All I will put is Dynamat Extreme in my 300C.
Let me guess... You are a dealer for Dynamat and Stinger?

I have used numerous deadeners over the years, and the only deadener I have seen issues with is "Peel n Seal" sold over the counter at Home Depot. (Obviously to save a buck) I am currently using fatmat in combination with a leftoverbulk pack of Dynamat Xtreme and have worked with both materials extensively on my 300c. You wanna know what the difference is?

Dynamat Xtreme has its ugly logo plastered all over the place and costs a ridiculous amount, especially if paying retail. It also is quite dangerous when working with it without gloves. All the times I have used dynamat xtreme I am astounded how many small cuts I have all over my hands. None of the other products have such sharp edges. I recommend Second Skin, edead, fatmat, and brownbread. I am not a dealer and I have no interest in pushing products upon people. They all serve the same purpose. All you are doing is adding mass to a panel.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top