Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought the 2016 Chrysler 300 Limited model with the most basic stereo (I think)

I am wondering what my options are for upgrading the speakers + adding a subwoofer.

My initial thinking is that if the head unit has a subwoofer output then I could cut the low frequencies from the speakers and they would probably open up a little because of the reduced power requirements and the subwoofer would be powered by its own amplifier.

Is this possible with this head unit? I can't seem to find much information about it. Does it have a sub out? Can a "crossover" of 80 or 100hz be configured for these?

I know that some people splice into the rear for their sub, but if I can filter out the low frequencies to the speakers that seems like a cheaper and more desirable option than having to replace all the speakers and add inline amps. If that actually can't be done then what is my best option? I would want to replace the stock speakers because I am not particularly fond of their boomy sound even though they aren't horrid ..they just aren't that great.

·
Registered
Cool-V '05 300c Blondie
216 Posts
Welcome Worm, you've resurrect a 5 yo dead thread. bazooka only posted 3 time back then and hasn't been seen since.

There are dates at the top of each post that are worth paying attention to because there is a wealth of info in these old threads, but quite often the members are gone. Generally, you're better off starting a new thread.

Follow This Link and input your VIN. Note that the address in this link needs you to enter the vin in the address bar of your browser after the = character.
(https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin= ).
Then, it should give you the build sheet. That will contain what audio system or option was in the car as manufactured.... once you've a better idea of what's there (if it's still there), then start a new thread with specific details and questions... you'll stand a better chance of getting help that way. Good Luck

Reactions: Worm and TheKrell

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome Worm, you've resurrect a 5 yo dead thread. bazooka only posted 3 time back then and hasn't been seen since.

There are dates at the top of each post that are worth paying attention to because there is a wealth of info in these old threads, but quite often the members are gone. Generally, you're better off starting a new thread.

Follow This Link and input your VIN. Note that the address in this link needs you to enter the vin in the address bar of your browser after the = character.
Then, it should give you the build sheet. That will contain what audio system or option was in the car as manufactured.... once you've a better idea of what's there (if it's still there), then start a new thread with specific details and questions... you'll stand a better chance of getting help that way. Good Luck
Thanks grump

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts