Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have an Alpine MRX-M240 amp powering a single Alpine Type X 12 inch sub. The capacitor I have on it is the Rockford Fosgate RFC10HB (10 Farad hybrid)

Amp = Alpine MRX-M240 X-Power Series mono subwoofer amplifier — 2,400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

Sub = Alpine SWX-1243D Type-X 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com

Capacitor = Rockford Fosgate RFC10HB Hybrid 10 Farad Digital Stiffening

My problem is I still get dimming of my headlights. Am I doing damage to my cars electrical since I can still see the dimming happening? The Capacitor did help a lot....however it is still noticeable if I have the volume up.

Do I need to do anything else to my car to prevent damage and/or fix this problem? I have heard of people buying a high output alternator I think.....would that solve it entirely?

Just curious as to what people recommend. :06:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The problem is due to the distance between the stock alt and the battery, so not much, outside of upgrading the alt would do much to help.

I don't believe any damage is being done by the dimming, however.

Have you done the big 3 upgrade yet? If adding the cap helped you, maybe upgrading the big 3 will be effective as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh.....I didnt even think about that. Ill have to check. I know I bought a wiring kit with 0 gauge wire to ground it and I guess maybe it was used to hook the battery up. I was thinking about upgrading my alternator if my current one ever goes. I saw that for Chrisyler 300s there are 4 different grades of voltage output am I right? The top one being over 500 bucks. Do I need to do anything other than just install the alternator?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I'm not sure what's available aftermarket for our cars and whether they come with external regulators or not.

As far as I understand the current voltage rating of your alt would depend upon the trim level.

you would have either a 140 amp or 160 amp stock alt.

As for the big 3 upgrade, there is a sticky here that explains it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts