Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here with the Sound Group II & Nav system been able to add an audio system? Additional Amp, subs, etc. without replacing the head unit? I searched the forum and scanned through about 30 threads with the word radio and I couldn't find anything so I apologize if this has been covered.

I know all factory HU come without the RCA connectors, I know you can get a Hi - Lo converter for about $10, but I'm not too thrilled about any audio converter since I know is not a pure signal... has anyone on here used them on their 300?? if So, what set up did you install on it? Is there an alternative to it without replacing the HU?

I have this left over from the previous car that I don't want it to go to waste...

2 - 12" Solobaric in a sealed box
1 - Kicker SX50 Amp for Subs
1 - R.Fostgate 460W 4 Channels for Mids and Highs.

Thanks for any tips or info you can provide.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for looking out 57, though I did not exactly find what I wanted, I found other very useful info, I thought I was being too picky when I heard the muffled sound of the SGII setup, but I guess Im still sane and indeed they are crappy parts :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Everything on the car is controlled by a computer buss, even the sound system. You either use it like it is or rip out everything.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually i found a solution, I got the amp installed and if Im not mistaken it was a method mentioned by someone else on here... to get the signal from the stock amp :) its working good, just too much rattle, I have to do something about it :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts