Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals!

I have a 300 Limited 2012 v6 and have the Alpine 6 speaker setup! Now I'm bored of it and just ordered the HK Speaker setup from a 2013 Charger!

My question is what do I need to complete the system is the car pre wired and I just need to add the AMP or have to rewire myself.

Also is there two amps or just one?

I know there are no speaker grills in my rear door cards so might have to make some!

There is also a section in Uconnect audio for HK does this need to be programmed by dealer or will the system pick it up!

Part numbers or diagrams will be extremely helpful!:smashfrea

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I think you will have problems trying to connect the H/K amp. Last I heard the connectors and wiring were different. This appears to be a direct "F U" from chrysler to anyone wanting to upgrade.

If you get a chance, pm, zach2011, as he was able to do this upgrade with a previous year, but ran into problems when trying this with a 2013 model, as it seems you are trying to do.

You should have no problem with the speakers, however, and you should actually get improvements, especially with the mids and highs. The stock alpine 3.5s don't have a tweeter, and the H/K replacements are a true coaxial.

If you find the wiring is correct and matching, you should be good to go, but again, I have doubts as it seems they made changes in the wiring between the alpine/beats and H/K systems.

Reactions: leadfoot99

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I ordered the amp as well today as the guy gave me a really good deal on it! (hope its working?) I will post pictures and will be making lots of notes soon as I receive everything!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really hope it all works out for you. Sounds like a great idea.

But I have I request. If you have the time and don't mind, could you please list the part numbers for the HK dash tweeters and the front door mid-woofers? I have thr Alpine 272 watt speaker system and just want to replace the tweeters and the front door speakers with new(can't find old) HK speakers.

The current system is not very satisfactory. Thanks again....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Keep lookin I found a used system, don't limit yourself to the 300 when searching

Just installed the sub on the rear deck.

There are 7 3.5 inch speakers and they all have the same part number I will list them all tomorrow.

I have installed the front 2 pretty simple there was no wiring for center thou so will make some. And what a difference straight away!!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Today I pulled the lower dash panel off and to my surprise I find an amp!!!! ok so I have the 6 Speaker Alps with amp!! now I pulled off the connectors and one is exactly like the one on the HK amp but the other is a lot smaller. I will add pics soon!

Ok Part numbers are so far

Rear 3.5s These came in a bracket attached to the 6x9s

68043045AB
8923010801C
17912-J0851

Bracket
05035120AC
8900006301D
17912-J0602

Rear 6x9
68043032AB
8943004501B
17912-J0801-E07U019436670D

This is the Front center dash 3.5
68043045AB
8923010801C
19312-J0802

These are the other 3.5 have no idea where they go
2 x 3.5" These have the thickest foam cushion out of the three sets
68043045AB
8923010801C
15412-J0853

2 x 6x9"
68043032AB
8943004501B
16312-J0802-E07E009436670D

2 x 3.5" I put these in the dash
68043045AB
8923010801C
19312-J0802

Hope this helps! Will get more info tomorrow!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The other 3.5s that you can't identify the location for would be mounted in the rear doors. The only question is whether there is wiring there for them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks cool v sorry what I meant to say is the part numbers are all the same on the 3.5s except for the last numbers and I don't know which mounting they go in. I have a feeling theres no wiring in rear doors as there was none for center dash speaker!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok peeps I'm getting stuck! been looking at the tech authority online demo for wiring and I cant seem to find my amp I got all the colors written down for the connector so I can match up to the Harman K amp but I cant find wiring diagram for my amp!!! Also there are two connectors on the HK amp one A and 1 B both are the 22 pin connectors my question is has anyone got a picture of their amp with the connectors? please could you me a picture so I know I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Thanks

Heres some pix of what I have discovered so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,692 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
So after scratching my head and looking online for the answer I came across these now to find the HK ones!
Based on where you are now, maybe someone with an H/K can lend a hand and look up their car using the link and get the colors down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hope so Im getting close now also theres a strange connection on the hk amp looks like a firewire/mini usb port maybe for diagnostics???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quick update went to local Chrysler to get some bits, screws, parts guy said get them from home depot cause he did not want to order 4 of them, as he has to order a pack of 24! thats cool. The connector which is Gray 22 pin costs $113.85+tax CAD part number 68032281AA. That's the repair kit. if you type that number in google cheapest I have seen is $48 US website.

So I started looking and researching more and decided to go on ebay and I think i found something similar form a 2007 wrangler.

I ordered a part which cost $16 delivered to Canada (the part was actually $6 delivery was $10 would be cheaper to US) so I will take some pictures when I receive it I hope its the same!!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts