Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all members,

I have been off the air for a couple of weeks travelling around the world on vacation. Made US landfall early this week and visited 2 Chrysler dealers around Miami and one had a 300C in stock which was presold. But at least I had the opportunity to see a 300C in the flesh and I was not disappointed.

All you owners out there, I am envious and I still have over a year to wait for the 300C to be released Down Under. :mad:

One thing I noticed was different with the US dealers was, they come a running the moment you drive in. In Australia you have to go looking for a sales guy and maybe wait until one is ready to speak to you. Just Aussies being their usual laidback style I guess. :D

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
It's funny, when I am just looking and kicking tires salesmen swarm all over me and I now do my looking when they are closed. The few times I am ready to purchase they are no where to be found.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Try being 33 and look like your 25.... no one thinks your going to buy anything! I love wearing an old softball T-shirt and flip flops into the dealership too! The last 4 cars I have bought were from probably the newest salesman on the floor.... they seem to send him out to me everytime. Gotta be painful for the "senior salesmen" when he sells me a car in less than an hour.....

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Hemi57 said:
All you owners out there, I am envious and I still have over a year to wait for the 300C to be released Down Under. :mad:
Dont feel so bad!! With all the delays, holds, allocation issues, communication issues with DC and dealers, some of us won't be that far ahead of you (or so it seems). :mad:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Try being actually younger than 25. When I would go into dealers to buy a brand new vehicle, they would not give me the time of day. (I bought a Brand new 01 Durango and I was about 20 years old) I had someone say to me, just out browsing...I bet its fun to come and dream about cars you can have some day. 35K is a lot of money isn't it, but it will happen some day. Maybe your Dad will have to get one. Send him in.

I walked out and went to a different dealership.....got some young punk like me, bought it at invoice price and went back to the first dealer and pulled up in a brand new vehicle. Same dude...So did your Dad get one....I laughed and explained the situation that he should not jude the age of someone on what they can afford.

Funny thing is....I went to go order a 300C. I moved about 45 minutes from where I used to live. So this is a completely different dealership. (I just turned 25) I walk into this dealership, and asked to test drive the 300C. This nice gentleman (probably about 55-60) helped me out. He said all you young kids make more money than us folks nice. THis is a nice ride isn't. Very nice guy. Then we get inside to do the paperwork to order one and while i am waiting there his Sales Manager comes over to me and says hey, I hear you are going to order a 300C. I say yes I am. He started to say Nice to meet you I am......I interupted him and said his name in full, I said you used to work at such and such dealer...I said I have dealt with you, you are the guy that would not help me because I am young. He tried denying it, I gave him dates, etc. He said ohh yeah I did work there.

Other guy comes back...says OK..paperwork all ready....I said no offense to you...you have been great, but your Sales Manager was a PRICK to me a few years back and would not even help me because I was young and he DIDN'T THINK I could afford a new SUV. The nice guy said are you serious and looks right at the Sales Manager. I said because of that I choose not to deal with this dealership. (My wife was with me and just chuckling...because the sales manager came out all cocky right when we walked in saying he was the guy that could make things happen, totally sucking up to us...I had whispered to her before he introduced himself telling her to watch this...and thats when I finished his name for him and stuff.

Good times, but I have dealt with the age thing all my life. Now 25 and an IT Mangaer and have proved myself....people treat me like the rest.

Sales Manager called me the other day and asked if there is anything he could do to repay me. I just chuckled and said think before you speak next time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know what you mean

Hey Nolmscheid, I know exactly what you mean. I'm 25 now and look 21. Back when I was 21 I had just graduated college and secured a high paying job (I'm in IT too). In any case, I went looking for Corvettes. I had tons of disposible income and always wanted one.

I had one dealer who wouldn't even let me in one of them. He drilled me over how much money I made, if I knew how much the payments were, could I afford the insurance, etc. I had to get in his face in order to just SIT IN IT!!! It was such a humiliating experience having a dealer do that infront of other customers.

Other dealers would speak to my father who was with me at the time instead of me. I would remind them that I was looking at buying it. That didn't seem to matter.

Having dealers do these kinds of things really makes you consider buying on-line. Now, I call the dealer and negotiate some over the phone before I ever go in. Even now, I went in before to my Chrysler dealer and no one would come outside to help me. Once I got on their website and arranged a test drive, they were crawling over themselves. Who knows? :confused:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I do some of the stuff over the phone as well. Now buying a car is fun for me. I go in and I pay invoice....period. They try and tell me how they will lose money, etc. I am very knowledgeable on how much they actually make at invoice price etc. So its really fun beating them at their game. My wife laughs because of how much I enjoy "playing" with sales people! Its a game for me now! he he

I would love to just be a guy that goes to dealers and negoitates pricing and stuff. Its fun for me for some reason. I don't get the age thing quite as much anymore. I am now 6'4".....when I was 20 I was about 5"8". I had a late growth spirt. PRobably because of dieting for high school wrestling!? hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts