Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm taking the family to Australia for vacation July and August this year.

And wouldn't you know it, the US dollar takes a nose dive immediately after buying the airline tickets:scared: Oh well :pat:
Spending a few days in Sydney then headed up to Queensland. While in Australia I was hoping to pick up a StarTech Matrix grill and possibly the fender/wheel-arch trim extensions (look like fender flairs) and ship them home. Can anyone recommend a dealership or distributor in either Sydney or Cairns?

Sightseeing pointers welcome - especialy good drinking establishments!

Thanks all,
TexasBandit

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Mate, I am sure a local Sydney or Queensland member/s will look after you. Pity you are not coming south to Melbourne or I would have arranged something for you.

The Startech stuff is not so freely available here as far as I know. We can check that out for you though and confirm.

The wheel arch extensions are ridiculously priced. I checked the price a couple of years back for Freebird and they were A$930 per corner back then. AIR22 who is in the trade priced them for a member in the Middle East just recently and the quote was around A$4,500 for all 4. Bloody ridiculous.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
HEMI57, thanks for the reply!

NINE HUNDRED AND THIRTY DOLLARS PER CORNER for fender trim!!!!

What are they made of, Kryptonite?

So much for that idea. :pat:

I'm still interested in locating a StarTech dealer if possible but then my information about StarTech dealers in Australia is based on second hand info from this board and may all just be wishful thinking.

Regardless of whether I get 300 parts or not I know that a good time is to be had by my family. I had the opportunity to visit Australia a few years ago on business, and I apologize if this sounds trite, but as incredible as many of the natural wonders in Australia may be what I enjoyed the most was the people. Never met a nicer bunch. I look forward to getting back, its been too long.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I am not aware of any Startech dealers on the Gold Coast....I thought we had to order them from Europe.....I may be wrong though :)

Which part of Queensland are you heading too?

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
HEMI57, thanks for the reply!

NINE HUNDRED AND THIRTY DOLLARS PER CORNER for fender trim!!!!

What are they made of, Kryptonite?

So much for that idea. :pat:

I'm still interested in locating a StarTech dealer if possible but then my information about StarTech dealers in Australia is based on second hand info from this board and may all just be wishful thinking.

Regardless of whether I get 300 parts or not I know that a good time is to be had by my family. I had the opportunity to visit Australia a few years ago on business, and I apologize if this sounds trite, but as incredible as many of the natural wonders in Australia may be what I enjoyed the most was the people. Never met a nicer bunch. I look forward to getting back, its been too long.
I would laugh if it didn't hurt so much, the price we have to pay for cars and especially parts.

Chrysler Australia were considering marketing a line of Startech body and exhaust "bits", had a display car at at least one of our Motor Shows and one of our members GANXTA bought a Startech equipped car. Whether or not the items are actually available is unknown by me but once again you would need to prepare yourself for an obscene price.

Glad you enjoyed OZ on your last visit here and that the Aussies you bumped into behaved themselves. Watch those Queenslanders, especially Pusbum :joke:, they are terrors. :laughing:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Which part of Queensland are you heading too?
After a week in the Sydney area will head up to Queensland for two weeks. Rented an apartment in Trinity Beach just north of Cairns. Plan to do all the normal touristy stuff: see Kuranda, Atherton, Mareeba, Malanda, Yungaburra and Port Douglas and of course dive the reef. Going to spend a day at Green Island to let the kids get used to the water then do a second day from one of the pontoon based diving platforms on the outer reef. Also looking at something called "river drift snorkeling" where they drop you off upstream in a clearwater rainforest river and you just ride the current back to the pick up point. This is a once in a lifetime trip for the family so we want to make the most of it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
After a week in the Sydney area will head up to Queensland for two weeks. Rented an apartment in Trinity Beach just north of Cairns. Plan to do all the normal touristy stuff: see Kuranda, Atherton, Mareeba, Malanda, Yungaburra and Port Douglas and of course dive the reef. Going to spend a day at Green Island to let the kids get used to the water then do a second day from one of the pontoon based diving platforms on the outer reef. Also looking at something called "river drift snorkeling" where they drop you off upstream in a clearwater rainforest river and you just ride the current back to the pick up point. This is a once in a lifetime trip for the family so we want to make the most of it.
Wouldn't you know it. You are coming here and I am off to see USA about the same time you return. Taking the missues to West Caost USA for a month. Can't help you with car parts, but hope you have a great time here. Maybe the forum boys in Sydney can put on a bash for you and give you a real welcome.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sydney and QLD have been done to death.....come to Victoria and SA
I would love to see all of Australia. All it takes is time and money. I would love to tour Tasmania on a Ducati or BMW sports/tour bike. Or see the whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef on the west coast. Maybe once me and the wife retire we can do a year long camper-van tour of Oz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts