Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i first start my car with the auto climate control starts working (cold air)before i get any heat out of the radiator. my 300m didnt come on until itwas ready to heat. anyone else have this problem. everything works fine after it is warmed up. to cold here for that. (ind.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven't used the auto feature on mine for heat, thinking that it runs the air conditioning system, robbing the car of HP and gas mileage. Does anyone know if this is correct?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes, on automatic, the system uses both the heat and cooling systems automatically to blend in a comfortable temperature as set on the climate controls. It provides dehumidification for the cabin and will quickly clear up any fogging that will occur in just the heat mode without any further adjustments.

This is a "set it and forget it" item for both heat and cooling; it switches back and forth dependent upon the sensor demands. It is entirely automatic, IF you keep it set properly. It senses both the outside and inside temperatures to determine whether or not you get heat or cooling. Set the controls once; you should never have to touch those controls again unless someone wants to adjust the inside temperature. This is all covered quite well in the Owner's Manual.

Be sure to leave the right control on automatic; I suggest that the left knob generally be set to the lowest auto fan speed (of two) to cut down on the noise.

Working properly, this system, when heat is demanded, will not permit the fan to blow until the engine coolant is hot enough to put warm air into the cabin. With cooling, it will begin immediately. Do not keep switching the system on/off; there is no need for that. This car/system is well beyond earlier systems in most cars, what with all these computers on board, etc.

Like it says in the manual, just set it and forget it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Believe my 300M fan came on at low speed when the car was cold and the auto climate was set to auto. It just didn't start "blasting" until the car warmed up. Do you have your 300C auto climate fan speed set to Low or High -- try Low if it's set on High. Mine's set to Low and it's not a problem, and we've had a few chilly AMs this past week in Northern VA.

wild bill said:
when i first start my car with the auto climate control starts working (cold air)before i get any heat out of the radiator. my 300m didnt come on until itwas ready to heat. anyone else have this problem. everything works fine after it is warmed up. to cold here for that. (ind.)

·
Registered
52 Posts
My last vehicle was a dodge caravan with the 3 zone automatic system. In that vehicle the blower was shut off completely until the engine had warmed up. It even gave you a read out on the digital display to tell you how many minutes it would be before the system got up to temp.
The 300 system does not do that and will blow cold air prior to the engine reaching temp. It does not seem to have the cold engine sensing of my prev vehicle. :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had the problem of blowing cold air on occasion. Last time it happened, I dialed up the driver's side temp a few degrees, and it stopped blowing (took a few seconds to recognize the new temp setting). After it stopped, I dialed it back where it was, and the blower remained off.

This doesn't seem to happen regularly for me, and it hasn't happened since I tried this trick (not even today, at 15 degrees), so I don't know if it works all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts