Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Auto dim driver's side mirror and A/C beep?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Goose 
#1 ·
Has anyone noticed if the auto dim driver's mirror actually works? I checked my and it didn't dim at all. My test consisted of starting the car at night, lights on and using a flashlight to check for dimming. I take to the dealership and they try to tell me the car is not equipped with the auto dim even thought it's stamped right on the mirror. I had them also check my ac unit because when in auto if you press the A/C button it's suppose to beep and flash three times. My unit used to do that now it just flashes. I know I'm anal but I want every option and feature to work on this $36,000 car.

#4 ·
I didn't know both dim.

#6 ·
i hear this beep sometimes a few minutes after i turn my car on, but i usually dont have my AC on so i wonder if that was the problem. i guess another thing ive never paid attention to.

as for the auto dimming side mirrors, i have noticed them work before, but am suprised they are not also heated!....or are they?

whats really a pain in my ass now, is the auto dimming rear view mirror. i just got my back window tinted (5%) and that combined with the auto dimming mirror at night makes it almost impossible to see cars behind you at nite, not to mention nonilluminated objects. i know i can just push the button on the mirror and turn it off, but i find that a pain in my ass to do everytime i turn my car on at nite.

does anyone know if i can program the rear view mirror to not auto-dim when you turn the car on everytime so my lazy butt dosent have to press that meniscule button every time?!?

#8 ·
lennoxavesosa said:
as for the auto dimming side mirrors, i have noticed them work before, but am suprised they are not also heated!....or are they?
The side mirrors are heated. You have to turn on the back defroster and it will also defrost both of your side mirrrors.

FYI. The side mirror dim is only for the drivers side mirror. The passenger side does not have the feature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.