Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I like many on here have converted my car to have the auto headlamps feature, however I have just been to my local Chrysler dealer to order the correct original equipment switch (08 Model) with the "A" position.

They tell me that there are three types of switch, and because they do not have an 08 car there they cannot advise.

I have read previoiusly that someone had bought the switch, I am wondering if someone could be so kind as to post the part number.

All replies Welcome,

Steve-SDM197

·
Registered
347 Posts
hey steve,

it was me what done it ! and I am well happy with it

part no: P J68020012AB
desc: N/STK SWITCH HEADLAM
price: £38.23 + VAT

regards

elpirara

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Elpirata,

Thanks for the info, I will let them know.

Sorry to be a pain, but what software has your car got showing on the EVIC (Pressing the music note and compass note together to access), also what was the build date of your car shown on the door pillar.

They are bound to say the car may be running different software,

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

·
Registered
347 Posts
hey steve,

6/28/06 V 5.34

build date 4/07

regards

elpirata

the parts guy made it clear to me it was my risk as long as the part wasnt faulty if it worked great, if it didnt hard luck.

·
Registered
623 Posts
@Elpirata,

You need to change your profile to "Totally Unmodded, Pure OEM (apart from the headlamp switch)" :lick:

P.S. Love the colour of your car, very nice indeed.

·
Registered
347 Posts
hey mr pimp,

it should really be "totally unmodded, pure OEM (apart from the headlamp switch, and the upgraded radio)" :)

elpirata

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
elpirata, did the dealer mention anything to do with warranty on this mod? I remember some Dealer fuss about doing the mod where the tab is cut off the back of the switch. I think the quote from the Dealer was along the lines of it's not there for a reason and any problems with lighting will not be covered under warranty if this mod has been done.

I'd guess if you have the proper switch then it would be fine.

·
Registered
347 Posts
hey propus,

dont know the warranty situation but I assume that the lighting system is not covered by warranty if you dont have the original switch.

anyhow I dont know what you are talking about as I have the original switch, my car is pure OEM :wink: :wink:

elpirata

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Elpirata,

Same software as mine, so should be OK, thanks for your trouble!

Oh by the way sending you a PM,

Steve.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi guys

I have just bought a 56 plate CRD touring and it doesnt have auto on lights. I would like to convert. Can you point me in the right direction to be able to do the mod.

Cheers
Glen

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
I just done mine. Took 2 minutes and i didn't even mod the switch. All you have to do is remove the knob and trim a little plastic off of the knob itself.

If you put the knob half way on and turn to the A position ie anti clockwise past the off position. You'll be able to work out how much to remove. 5mm should do.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Am I being a wimp here?
I cant get my knob off ..........

I pulled and pulled and it would not come off?
I gripped it in the middle - is that right?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Am I being a wimp here?
I cant get my knob off ..........

I pulled and pulled and it would not come off?
I gripped it in the middle - is that right?
Am I the only one with a dirty little snigger

·
Registered
100 Posts
I also had trouble pulling my knob off:yup:
But eventually i managed it with a pair of pliers. I have cut away the required amount of plastic off the switch and it does indeed have another "hidden" switch position. I just need it to go dark now to see if it works - cant wait....

If it is that easy though to make auto on lights, then why didnt Chrysler just add it to all cars? I suspect it is a money thing? How much as an option would this be on a car?

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
They'll work, I tested mine by covering the sensor on top of the dash.

I don't think they even offer it as an option. If they did it would probably be a few hundred quid.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts