Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the US and pretty much every car over there has auto locking
doors when they hit around 25mph

Do we get this option on our 2013 300c ?

I checked the menus and it does not appear to be an option to turn it on/off ?

I'm just wondering if its broken on our car or just not a feature on the AU model cars

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
It needs to be enabled at a dealer if your car doesn't do it. If you encounter someone who says it can't be done, like happened to me, then go to another dealer to get it done.

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
ok. 'no longer an option in the EVIC in Gen 2' and needs a dealer to enable/disable. ;)
Oh, got ya. Mine came with it set. I can't believe they make you go to the dealer for that to be enabled. That's stupid.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
I agree, it should be enabled by default, at least. Maybe it's only Australia (export vehicles) if yours came with it enabled. Mine wasn't and the dealer I bought it from said it couldn't be done, although.... that was the salesdork said that, he probably didn't tell the service dept to enable it. Anyway another dealer did it no probs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2013 SRT8 (with sport/track mode)

in the options menu where you can change options like the seat moving back and wheel raising when you turn off car, if blind spot indicator chimes or light on mirror, hill start assist etc... there's an option for auto lock doors there.

Perhaps if you have a 2012 it's different and you need to go to a dealer?

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Interesting David, they must have added it to the firmware after the early complaints. I certainly don't have that on that page, or anywhere else. I also have sport/track mode on my '12. Over to you whoistheg.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

in the options menu where you can change options like the seat moving back and wheel raising when you turn off car, if blind spot indicator chimes or light on mirror, hill start assist etc... there's an option for auto lock doors there.

all the cars have the option to enable the door locks etc but here in Australia it needs to be done by the dealers and it would prob. be the same elsewhere except the dealers just do it on the pre delivery.As for the other settings some can be done without a dealer ,why they won't allow you too do it your self is a million dollar question.:smashfrea:smashfrea:arms::arms::arms::pat::pat:
Cheers
Geoff

·
Registered
508 Posts

I'll have to check mine again then. At first glance I only saw an option to unlock on exit.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
It seems the late 2012 cars have it as mine does, it must be with the updated uconnect where the last bottom right hand button changes from "settings" to "SRT & More"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry guys been OS for work..

I can 100% say that on our 2012 300c Gen 2 we do not have any menu items to auto lock the doors in the Uconnect.

This is all we have doors and locks

I guess ill add it to the list of things to get the dealer to do
i took a 2012 300c for a test drive and noticed that the auto-locking once mobile feature did not activate. I brought this up with the salesman who couldnt figure it out using the uconnect. Then some manager bloke came over and said it had to be programmed into the car using the keyring buttons, but none of them got it to work. The bluetooth connectivity to my iphone wouldnt enable either so i walked away from that car.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
When I picked up my car I couldn't connect my iPhone either, it just said loading or something like that, the salesman had no idea and the workshop had closed, he said it should start working after a while as the software was just updated, 1 hours trip home and still said the same thing on the screen, left it for the night and in the morning I set it up without a problem.

From what I can gather you have to have the updated uconnect for the auto locking doors, "SRT & more" button on the bottom right hand side

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts