Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I noticed that my driver's window no longer goes up in 1-touch mode. You must hold the power window switch up until the window is fully closed. The passenger side window still works properly from either switch.

My driver's side window still goes all the way down with a single touch. It just won't come all the way up any more.

Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Try recalibrating it with the following:

AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW
If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module
needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected
for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Connect the battery cables.
2. Using the window switch, raise the window to the full UP position. Hold the switch in position for 1 second, then
drive the window all the way down to the bottom.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C-Man said:
Try recalibrating it with the following:

AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW
If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module
needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected
for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Connect the battery cables.
2. Using the window switch, raise the window to the full UP position. Hold the switch in position for 1 second, then
drive the window all the way down to the bottom.
That worked. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
DZ, this happens not only when you disconnect the battery, Im sure you didn't do that since both your windows would have gotten messed up... if you unplug the module from the door panel would cause this as well...

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tha187um said:
DZ, this happens not only when you disconnect the battery, Im sure you didn't do that since both your windows would have gotten messed up... if you unplug the module from the door panel would cause this as well...
Actually, I did disconnect the battery when I installed my Bluetooth (UConnect) retrofit kit. And only the driver's side window got messed up. That's odd. :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
This happened to my 300C when it was two weeks old. The battery nor the door module was never disconnected. However, after two days, the driver's door window started working again, and has continued to do so.

My 300 has soooo many electical problems, that the top Chrysler Tech guys are involved now.

I also had to disable the rain sensing wipers. They went into slow speed in a hard driving rain, while I was driving 60 mph!! I switched the wipers to the regular intermittent program. Now at times, while they are in the 2nd or 3rd intermittent position, they go into low speed!! My dealer is simply scratching their heads at the problems associated with my vehicle.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My drivers window has been doing this for weeks! It of course started working yesterday, knowing full well it was going to the dealers today...

The strange thing is, in the 3 or 4 weeks it was faulting, some days it would work and the front passengers window would not auto up. Very odd.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For some reason, every now and then my driver side window auto up stops working. I have to recalibrate it about every two or three weeks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I noticed that if you attempt to raise your window without pulling up all the way, to close the window partially, this disables the auto feature. So the next time your raise the window all the way, you have to release the switch (once it is fully closed) and then pull switch up again (this recal's the auto feature).

·
Registered
225 Posts
I suspect (and this is only a theory) that dirt in the balley channels is adding friction that stops my auto-up working (the window thinks it has hit the top when it hasnt).

I think this because 4 days after working perfect in the shop, the window now doesnt auto-up again and the car is dirty! I suspect that like each time this thing fails, once I wash the car it will work again. Will post back in a few days once I have washed it, to report back.

Yes, the dealer didnt wash it this time, but they did brush past it with a rag, making the clean patches here and there, slackers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.